View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #612
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2017 albums halp

Day 424: SATURATION DRAFTS by BROCKHAMPTON

I'm using whatever bullshit titles I found on Genius, many of which have now been removed. The demo tracks for songs on the albums proper are mostly only interesting for archival and comparison purposes, not to mention they seem woefully underproduced (as they should). Let's just ignore talking about those and pretend they aren't on this album.

This is, by default pretty much, the most eclectic of all the BH releases, and it's also the most flawed. As I said earlier, mixing is as terrible as you'd expect. In addition to that, a load of songs just go on way too long, like SMOKE and LAMB, and some just plain suck, like the wholly unnecessary 4-26-17 Guitar Loop (no caps?) or the boring failed single FOLLOW. This is far more inconsistent than all of their albums barring All-American Trash and kinda evidences exactly why their recording process worked out so well. Am I supposed to be judging this like a regular album? No? Well fuck you!

Onto the good. GEMINI is fucking beautiful. LUCA is better than at least half the tracks on the first album in the trilogy even if the ending drags a bit. FEEL (track 8) is fucking phenomenal and makes me even more pumped for a potential solo release from JOBA. And as expected, there's a fair amount of bangers here, like DRINK and Don't Worry About Me (tracks 13 and 18, definitely fake titles).

I don't know how to properly articulate thoughts. If you've checked these guys out you know whether or not this interests you.

Best Track: FEEL
Rating: 6.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote