Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Misc. progress thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
That's really heavy.

You're looking big too.

I don't really lift heavy at all anymore, can't risk the injury in my line of work. I weigh just under 180 right now and did a 1 rep OHP yesterday for 155, I could probably max out at 160 or 165 right now but not much more.

I've definitely lost strength but I don't feel like I look much different. I'm content really with my size and definition, I'm actually kind of curious to see how much strength I can drop without dropping any more weight and size. Without drugs I don't feel like I can gain much more muscle anyway, I'm probably at 90% of my maximum, so I'm more interested in how simple I can make maintenance at this point lol
Couple of questions...

What line of work are you into? I remember you saying something about this the last you posted. Have you ever used gear? How long have you been lifting?

Thanks for the compliments. I have been just focusing on strength more than anything; however, I haven't made a set goals because I'm not sure what I should be able to expect as a drug free lifter. I have met most of my fitness goals within the first year I have been lifting - 295 lb bench, 225 incline, 405 squat (all maxes of course and I don't really deadlift). Those happened to be long-term goals for me when I first started lifting in the first place because everyone made it seem out to be so difficult. For the past 3-4 months, I've been maintaining (about 210 lbs) but still making strength progress at the same time. I'll use body weight exercises to keep myself in check when it comes to conditioning (overhand/underhand pull ups, dips).

The days I do lift heavy, I try to space it out as much as possible because of how much stress it has been putting on my body.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 04-15-2017 at 12:56 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote