View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 07:04 PM   #6
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: STEP Artists needed for new mobile game

First things first: Why do you need AR for a dance game that doesn't actually do anything with the AR features ? It seems like you're trying to reach a community (rhythm gaming) without quite knowing the needs of the people in it.

Your other products seem to have some potential with a younger targetted audience, like DigiBit Dash and even DigiBit FlappyHands (even though Flappy bird trend is dead now). My best advice would be to focus more on what your customers will enjoy and not so much on showing off what your devices can do.

For example, in your DigiBit Dance, you have tried to recreate the DDR pad features by having 4 directionnal hits. Although that may Sound good, it actually isn't, because the directions without a pad mean nothing! Stepping on the side, or in front of you, is Not a dance move; the pad makes it work because there are physical arrows that act as intuitive buttons, something a user likes (feedback). Also, the 90 degrees jump is clearly there to show your device can recognize such a move, and while that can sometimes be sold with good marketing, you have to realize that when the songs will get harder and the users better at the game, jumping and spinning continuously will be a big problem (stamina intensive + not the most satisfying move).

Finally, the FPS. I don't know if your demo shows the max FPS your will be having in the final product, but that is Definitely not enough. In a rhythm game, you want the notes to flow with the least possible lag and delay, otherwise you'll frustrate the users. This game, FFR, was running 30 FPS back in the days and now it's 60+.

So, all in all, I think you should rethink the concept a little bit and come up with answers to those questions if you seriously plan on selling to the rhythm gaming community. Many rhythm games are free, and yours won't be. Saber Beat is a recent exemple of a polished rhythm game that managed to get the interest of people with VR and isn't free, but it's on console which means more possibilities/power.

Good luck.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote