View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 07:27 PM   #38
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
It's not that content creation isn't a job that deserves to be paid for, it's that Keemstar specifically labels his channel as a "news source" but if you actually try to apply journalistic standards to his output he falls consistently short. It's like the Daily Wire: apparently you can write articles about whatever you feel like without having to worry about being held to any kind of standard of discipline or integrity. If he earnestly views his channel as "informational" (I would guess he actually doesn't) he deserves as much respect as the Daily Enquirer. A similar comparison arises if you evaluate based on entertainment value, which is the ONLY thing going for him.

Now that I think about it, DramaAlert is literally just a tabloid for YouTube. That probably sums up my distaste for it.
That last sentence is why he can say he's a news source. Just not like, one for you know, anything that should actually matter.

It's a stretch of the term really. But he's not wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I don't hate the commentary community, I don't think I insinuated otherwise. Their production values and general content quality have increased since the (old) Leafy days. I follow a bunch of these guys-- Pyro, Big Joel, to name a few. My problem was SPECIFICALLY with this notion of "drama" which literally exists for its own sake.

When Leafy came back and started making videos I almost started to develop respect for him. I kinda liked the attitude where he just didn't give a fuck and did whatever he wanted. But with the Pokimane thing, Leafy's back in the trash. It was a good run (2 months)
Oh you didn't insinuate you hated commentary, I worded it that way for other people. Totally a mess up on my end if it comes off that way.

Though, Leafy's first Pokimane video is good, the other two are pretty shit. I don't agree with all of it, but I thought it was pretty good as far as he goes. (I'd have to go rewatch it to articulate it, but there's totally critique for it I'd have.)

Can we agree though that the worst channel in commentary though is imalexxx or however you spell it. Fuck that guy.