Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
We Want To Run (Gradiant) [8.5/10]
Artist: Frums -- Perms: OK

- 21.482: not sure about the inclusion of this jack given that it’s the only time you follow this particular sound before having it carried away by the other melody - might be better to simply remove these notes altogether
Removed
Quote:
- 39.057 to 46.958: note placement can be -slightly- improved for PR purposes, but it’s not that bad as is
Think issue here isn't really incorrect pr, but that the pr leads to that repeating 121 patterning which is a bit too left hand biased overall. Not liking the patterning when I change the mini left-hand sections though so I'm leaving them as is but slightly adjusting the patterning between them.
Quote:
- 1:13.131: missing jump for brass + percussion landing
added
Quote:
- 2:29.427/2:37.328: I’d add the note here for the deep background kicks, but it’s most certainly not necessary given that the focus is the piano melody
wasn't sure about it before sending in, but eh it's noticeable enough. added
Quote:
- 2:47.451 to 3:032.54: <3 (althouuuuuuuugh, if we want to be picky, change at 2:50.414 is -technically- not necessary.)
Not solely focused on that runningman-ish sound in the foreground when patterning here. There's a descending pitch change in the background synth that changes overall chord sound here so I alternated the patterning slightly as well
Quote:
- 3:43.501/3:51.402: missing triples?
yep, added.

Glad you liked it overall, thanks for the notes.