Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Mahou's training log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Quick question for you guys

Typically how long do your sessions last? Sometimes I feel like I may be overdoing it.

Today I had 55 minutes to train so I tried shocking my body with flat and proceeded to do isolation training. Even though time was limited, I felt like the workout was very effective.
Usually around an hour but it depends, I often drag my sessions out a bit because I have a home gym so I'm not in a rush lol

At 55 minutes I doubt you're over doing it.

My sessions are pretty minimalist. I used to do much higher volume/longer sessions with more exercises but cutting back I've noticed no difference. I seem to get as much benefit from minimalist training, if anything I am stronger than ever and have been hitting a lot of PBs.

e.g. my leg routine is basically ATG Squats with 3 warm up sets working up to 2 maximal working sets and then a finishing set at 90%. After squats I do barbell hip thrusts with a similar structure. So I guess it's 12 sets but most of it is just warmup, I'm really only doing like 4-5 sets at maximum intensity. I could probably do it all in around half an hour if I wanted to.

Cutting out all the fat, my legs are far bigger than they've ever been too.