View Single Post
Old 09-9-2016, 07:36 PM   #264
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I'm not saying it's a bad pack, it's a great pack, has good graphics, charts and stuff, I dunno tho lol I just wanna play some nice earthbound songs with bomb jumpstreams I suppose
Your expectations are just incoherent, though, that's my issue! I'm all for playing hard files and getting better (I stepped TAKE OFF and such for that). But if you're downloading this pack expecting bomb jumpstreams on earthbound songs, you're off to a bad start: Giygas Battle was already stepped in VGMP1!! What else in earthbound is there to step at this point? Blue cultists? oh wait... that too is in VGMP2! There's even the shopping theme, lol. It's all been done before!

This being a more balanced pack than nuclear yolomania and such, it's obvious the difficulty will cover a wider spectrum, i.e. not all files will make you skill boost. I get that. I also get that xmod is not for everyone. What baffles me is that you came in expecting to play what I assume are certain songs that were already stepped to death in previous packs of the same series... This pack is not only a gold mine for songs old and new that few people have heard yet are still worthy of your time, but it's also a gold mine for games other than stepmania to actually try out. I mean, it's fine if you don't like a chart, no biggie. However, I don't understand why you wouldn't read from which game each song comes from and not be interested in the least.

I don't know if your post was addressed to me or not, but yeah, just had to vent this, lol. There's a reason why I (almost) only sent charts to this pack in my whole stepping career: it's about video games! It's a way for me to show new games I love to people in what I think is an interesting and enticing way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 09-9-2016 at 07:43 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote