View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #81
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Untitled Stepmania Pack RELEASED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
creep - honestly my favorite part of this was the very beginning because of the tension. everybody knows where this song is eventually going to go (and that section of the file is stepped more-or-less faultlessly, so well done), but the beginning has this one rhythm and all of these subtle variations and exits and entrances. it's very very tense and good. one suggestion: there's a shift at the end of this song from electronic to live instrumentation - perhaps a shift in style could have captured that? maybe playing with different colored notes, using freezes (those cymbals at the end were BEGGING FOR some crazy layered freeze action) or mines...hmm. it was still a good ending, but it could have been explosive.
i know exactly what you mean by using a different style. the ending was harder before i released this file to the point where i thought it played kind of badly so i changed it. mines could have been an interesting idea, but i reserve mines for either staccato notes or sounds that are deliberate left unstepped as notes -- that's just my style. being more liberal with freeze usage is probably the best idea, i'll try to experiment with something like that in future files.

thanks for the feedback and review of the other files as well! appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
lmfao what is this
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote