View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #4
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Old timer getting back in; need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_rules View Post
I sort of comprehend EHHS but I can't react fast enough when they start spamming doubles every other double. Learning the pattern is one thing but I suppose the only way to increase reaction/recognition time is practice.

Is there any way to play the song at reduced speed to learn the pattern specifically?
edit: Neat didn't know there was a .swf standalone, thanks
You sure can, rates on Flash Player 10 or higher using the R^3 engine (located here on the website, located here as .swf) don't necessarily have to be 1.05, 1.1, etc... They can also be 0.9x song speed, 0.75x song speed, 0.5x song speed, etc...

Further down the options tree in R^3 as well, there are options for isolation and starting note, which allows you to start from a certain arrow number in the song. It allows you to practice certain patterns that are located in a song, and can be used in conjunction with rates. Only downside is that you cannot record scores for songs that have a rate mod lower than 1.0x, and cannot record scores for songs that start on an arrow number other than 1 or 0.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 12-27-2014 at 01:43 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote