View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 03:27 AM   #86
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: Untitled Stepmania Pack RELEASED

happy meal - eh, it's Nero's Day. well-made for what it is but nothing I'd probably ever play again

minus one - much more up my alley. super intense, super good.

quartz rainbow - this is really the song's fault. some parts of this are quite fun - the buildup at the beginning breaking out into drum 'n bass was nice - but overall it feels overlong and a little unpolished, especially with freeze usage (although i have never believed in minifreezes to piano so take w/ appropriate amount of salt). it's okay, still <3 u plop :3

squall - overall very enjoyable. i do agree with Marco, though. some parts felt a bit too cramped to breathe (especially the beginning) and i felt like trying to cram anything in made it harder for the patterns to breathe where they needed to. that's the challenge for any Nekomata Master song, I guess! there's so much going on, yet there are also these really gorgeous, dense melodies that emerge here and there, and the key is to capture those moments when you need to. still, I thought you did a great job of organizing the polyrhythms and for the most part you kept things moving at a fast clip. had lots of fun with this.

squeak squad theme - see above. i always appreciate how many concepts and ideas you can cram into your files, Scylaax (even for a song that's, on its face, as simple as this), but sometimes less is more! no need to accentuate every single riff and motif with oodles and oddles of freezes. my favorite parts of this file were actually where you had less to work with instrumentally - like that brief solo in the middle and the drums near the very end - but you expressed them in very simple but powerful and memorable ways. some focus would be much appreciated. overall enjoyable.

taiyou - already played this from Stepping Stones!

poquito mas - played this already. good file.

the funk is - reminded me of an old Ferrari file. i commend you especially on your creative use of mines (even if some parts felt like overkill, like the quad mine in between two 16ths) and jacks to keep players on their toes. i guess some patterns could have been a tad cleaner, esp heading into all those freezestreams, but it is what it is. middle part was the best.

japanese piano song - honestly, i would have liked to see something much easier than this. the dense parts play *too* dense compared to the mellow vibe of the song--perhaps you could have been more selective with your hand usage, especially in parts where you're layering them into chordstream (and ESPECIALLY in one part where you have minifreezes going to a background melody and then hands in between jumpstream. yikes!) that said, i really liked your mine usage and your patterns were great when you gave them a bit of room to breathe--this definitely has your style written all over it. keep up the good work!
moches is offline   Reply With Quote