View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 12:22 AM   #262
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Misc. progress thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Generally speaking though, it's a form problem, not that the 'muscle doesn't want to grow'. That's not really a thing. Muscles don't have minds of their own, you're just not activating them properly when you workout.

A legitimate problem would be a narrow frame and or bad pec insertions, which would make your chest appear to be small even if it was big. Not much you can do about bad insertions.

I had chest growth problems in my first year that are long gone now.

Tips:

Paused pressing motions. Paused bench. Paused everything, even your accessories. By pausing at the bottom of your pressing movements, you're forcing your body to activate the pecs. You'll find you're weak as hell on paused movements until your chest gets stronger.

Use wider grips for pressing motions. For flyes, use a larger ROM.

Push your chest out! I see a lot of guys doing cable flyes and other pressing motions with no chest, and their shoulders are rounded forward and chests caved in. First of all, that's bad posture, and second, your chest won't grow that way. Learn to keep your shoulders back, back straight, chest out. Good posture during all exercises.
Thanks for the advice! I'm pretty limited when it comes to weights and equipment. I have a total gym but I don't know if any of you like it. I don't have a weight bench but I'm sure I can find something to substitute. I also only have one dumbbell, but I do have a barbell.

ShadowDueler97 is offline   Reply With Quote