View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #3395
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody
notes are eary by a whole 16th note please fix that

Also, the offset was at -.600s, but it looked a ton better with -.700s in my editor.

Steps are early by a fair amount.

Offset is early.

I have no sweet clue what's up with the bpm of this song but it does some weird shit it seems. It seems to get late near the end of every 8 bars (where the first bar is bar 4) and then pick up tempo again? Seriously, no clue what's going on there, but the arrows are definitely off sometimes.
lmfao, I think I probably lost a good amount of points because of this >.< Anyways, I don't know what the deal is, the bpm I have set in Finale and the bpm I get from MixMeister are completely different <_> And I have the worst sense of judgement so finding a good offset is hard for me as well. If worst comes to worse, I'll probably end up having someone help (or do) the syncing for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody
lol layering
I could come up with excuses to try to justify every jump and non-existance of a jump, but I do admit the layering is sloppy and inconsistent now that I look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694
I would rather you just remove all jumps and make it a file with just single notes so there's no confusion with layering choices. otherwise, the rhythms are fine, and the jacks fit well too. s it stand it needs a lot of rework
This review, although short was helpful. I'll probably delayer this a lot and make this a nice, sweet lvl 7 or so. I paid close attention to the rhythms at least like you said, I made sure I wasn't missing notes in obvious places or adding notes where there isn't sound, I just need to learn how to layer I guess x:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr
PR is also wildly inconsistent; do a run through on .5 rate or so and
make sure same-column notes aren't going to different pitches (this is
important for a song like this which is basically all melody), and
also check for ascending/descending runs of three which you have
stepped as minitrills.
I think all the unnecessary/inconsistent layering made it hard to focus on the PR. Hopefully I'll be able to focus on the PR a lot more when I delayer a vast majority of the jumps. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niala
The 192nds I think some may have been dropped, but there are a couple missing.
the 192nds were going to the chords in the main melody, and there were notes in those sections that were single notes as opposed to chords. Although it might have been hard to notice since I was also stepping the background marimba (bass) line at the same time.

Quote:
The ending the 8th jumps are dropped in the 16ths but I'm not sure why, it seems to be just to make it easier, but it would fit the file anyway.
that was mostly for the sake of not creating a difficulty spike but I see how it's inconsistent with the layering. I'm hoping I can leave that section alone when I delayer the jumps in the rest of the file

Quote:
- It's really short... I realize you can't do anything about that, but it is...
I could repeat some sections of the mp3, but I would run out of ideas for variety in the file and it would probably get repetitive. Other than that, I wouldn't know what to do for the length.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing