Old 03-29-2019, 07:50 AM   #58
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I believe you can be listed as a dependent under your parents' insurance until you're 26 in the US. I don't know the stipulations though, it might depend on what plan they have. I'd check it out, it seems like a good short-term solution
On a related note: If you do decide to be under your parents' insurance, make sure to contact them regularly about it. I got sick of having a subpar plan that kept changing every few months because they kept switching plans (I didn't have any control over what I had basically) so I ended up getting my own health insurance and there's a much better peace of mind there -- it stays the same plan and is better, just the difference is part of my paycheck goes towards it. Preferably you'd be able to get an insurance plan from an employer.

Being on a parental insurance plan is overrated, honestly. It may save some money but there is a lot of hassle that isn't worth it, unless you're really tight on budget.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 03-29-2019 at 07:55 AM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote