View Single Post
Old 01-5-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow
Default FFR: The Phantom Challenge

Hello everybody,

I have decided to create a tale based off of the Legendary Thread "ADMIN!". (Click to go to the thread if you have not read it yet. If you haven't read it yet, you probably won't understand this at all.)

Introduction and clearing up any confusion:
Basically, I am portraying the FFR forum and game as a world of it's own, with the people that visit the site as the citizens of the world. Basically, each board of the forum is a country. R1 gets it's own country as well. As for "dying", there are four ways that can happen. The first is plain dying. The second is getting banned by the "banhammer", which the FFR staff is allowed to use, but nobody else. Third way of dying is getting your account deleted, in which case you are gone forever. The final way is if a person loses the will to stay logged on, and returns to the real world, which in this story, will be referred to as the "other world". They will disappear, but they can come back if they decide to log back in.

I will be doing the dialouge and personalities of what I believe is to be 40 characters, so if I do not get your personality right, then I am sorry. I will be lurking a lot in order to get as accurate as possible.

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: The Phantom Challenge
Chapter 2: TGB Meeting, really?
Chapter 3: TGB Army, ASSEMBLE!
Chapter 4: On the Border
Chapter 5: Chit-Chat Liberation Part 1
Chapter 6: Brag Board Under Attack!
Chapter 7: Engler vs Manti Part 1
Chapter 8: Engler vs Manti Part 2
Chapter 9: Dissension
Chapter 10: Setting an Example
Chapter 11: Chit Chat Liberation Final Part
Chapter 12: The Beginning of the End (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Ambush!
Chapter 14: Conflicting Past and Present
Chapter 15: The Militia Resistance
Chapter 16: One Falls; One Rises
Chapter 17: A Glimmer of Hope
Chapter 18: TGB vs The World
Chapter 19: Bitter Emotions; Elemental Clash
Chapter 20: Manticore Avenger
Chapter 21: The Ascension
Chapter 22:
Part 1: Power Beyond Containment
Part 2: December 30th, 2008
Part 3: December 30th, 2008
Part 4: December 30th, 2008
Part 5: December 31st, 2008
Part 6: December 31st, 2008
Part 7: January 1st, 2009
Chapter 23: January 1st, 2009
-------
False Ending:

Chapter 22:
Part 1: The Final Battle (False Ending) Part 1
Part 2: The Final Battle (False Ending) Part 2

Enough of this tl;dr crap, onto the first two "chapters"!
===================
Chapter 1:

“What the hell?” Engler halted and stood upon the dirt road, staring at his final destination for the day from afar. A strange sight had preoccupied him, and was demanding his attention. It was a sight that he had never laid his eyes upon before, and it was strangely dark and uninviting. Thick, black thunderclouds loomed overhead, silently gliding towards the challenge station under the otherwise clear night sky. The weather in the FlashFlashRevolution world was almost always sunny. It was a truly glorious place to live, and with its current population of 1.4 million, it certainly was bustling with activity each and every day. Although rain was a common sight among the denizens of the FFR world, thunderstorms were not.

Engler pocketed his challenge letters with a loud crumpling noise, and pondered on whether he should continue on or not. It wasn’t like this task was vital to his life; he had enough credits to last him at least another five years if his math was right. But, the journey to the challenge station had been long and tiresome, as any sixteen mile walk would be. So, Engler figured it was best to just add the challenges to the database, and begin the return trip before he got caught in the rare phenomenon that was beginning to crackle and flash with brilliant white light.

Engler strode down the dirt path that led to the challenge station, beginning to pick up his pace to a slow jog. The ominous thunderstorm was beginning to creep him out, and he wanted to get his business done as soon as possible. Upon approaching the door, Engler shuffled his hand through his left pocket, and took out the crumpled envelopes that were his current challenges. A sudden boom from the now overhead thunderstorm made Engler jump, and with adrenaline pumping through his body, he jerked open the door, raced inside, and slammed it shut, causing a boom to resonate through the small building.

It took Engler a few seconds after catching his breath and calming himself down to realize that nobody was inside. Not even the employees that worked here. Engler checked his watch. 9:24 PM stared back at him. “This is strange,” Engler mused, “The challenge station doesn’t close until 9:30. Maybe they left early? If that’s the case, then I guess I should just deposit my challenges in the inbox, and wait an extra night for them to be sent.”

Engler uncrumpled his challenges, and smoothed them out on the mahogany countertop that contained the inbox slit. He remembered to flip the envelopes upside down, so that the name of the person receiving the challenge would be on top. One by one, Engler quietly inserted the envelopes, listening to the sound of the paper sliding against the hard, thick wood. As the last challenge was being slipped in, Engler noticed that there was no recipient on the back of the envelope. “No big deal,” he thought, “the staff will probably find it, and dispose of it.”

As Engler began to turn around, there was a grand flash of light, and a sudden explosion of sound as lightning shot down from the heavens and hit the challenge station. The roof was blown apart in an instant, and fragments of wood and metal began to rain down on the ground. Engler was thrown back by the force of the blast, and landed on the ground hard. After a few moments, Engler stood back up with moderate difficulty. He noticed that his left leg had a few wooden shards in them, and the entire left side of his leg was already caked with blood. His whole body was numb with pain and shock, and thinking straight was becoming a challenge.

As Engler continued his efforts at regaining his balance and orientation, he saw a vague shape forming. At first, it appeared to be a circle, but after a few moments, it molded itself into a ghost-like shape. First, arms appeared, then hands from that, and then the fingers. A head popped up on top of the circle, but there was no face as of yet. A tail began to form below the bottom of the shape, slowly extending its way towards the broken floor. It slowly shifted from a clear color to a shade of indigo, and the mysterious phenomenon was beginning to appear more solid. Finally, a face popped up on the head. The mouth was wearing a wicked smile; the fangs only assisted in making the thing appear to be a nightmare from some fantasy world. It’s eyes were blood red, and they glowed in the dark night.

“Yes!” boomed a deep voice that even made the burliest of men sound like sissies in comparison, “I have been freed from my prison! Who was the one that summoned me from the void?”

Engler had not the strength to speak. He merely raised his hand, trembling like an earthquake. His eyes were now wide with fear, and it was getting more difficult still to stand, let alone digest what was going on. He tried with all his might to stay conscious, and he began to flee, limping and dragging the dead leg that was now almost entirely caked with blood on the steel floor.

“Aha!” The voice started, “So you are the one who set me free! Your body will be one of great use to me, mortal.” The ghost-shaped entity swooped down upon his fleeing prey, and had no trouble conquering the weakened mind of the injured Engler as he rolled on the floor yelling and flailing to the best of his ability, trying to resist. After a second, the body ceased moving, and an indigo steam began emitting from it. The dried blood hissed as it melted off the body and dripped onto the floor. The wooden shards in the legs popped out one by one, and the wounds that they had caused closed up and healed like magic. Other scratches on the body simply disappeared. Then, the mist stopped rising altogether.

The phantom Engler rose up onto its feet with its head down, and its arms relaxed, hanging straight downward. Then, in the moment of silence between thunderclaps, the phantom Engler began to chuckle. The chuckle grew in a steady crescendo into a laugh, which then was amplified as the phantom Engler raised its head to the sky, its arms extended in the same direction.

================================
Chapter 2:

The gold rays from the sun shone in SethSquall’s room, hitting the faded carpet that once displayed the FFR arrow, in every color. As Seth subconsciously rolled to his left in order to prevent the light from waking him up, the boom box that doubled as an alarm clock that was located just inches from his ear began to blast “MAX Forever” at maximum volume. Not only did this cause Seth to literally leap out of bed, and smash his head against the ceiling, it also caused the speakers in the alarm clock to blow out, which meant a very poor sound system until he could get a new boombox. Still, that meant credits out of his pocket.

Having been woken up from the head smash, Seth took less time than normal in getting dressed, devouring breakfast, and the like. He descended down the staircase connecting the ground floor with the second floor, and opened the front door with a bit of excitement, hoping to see the ordered package that would contain his new goggles. Instead, he was greeted with a gigantic flame dancing just inches from his face. Seth jumped back, and almost banged his head on the ceiling once again before realizing that it was just Tibs pulling another of his witty pranks.

Tibs had obviously been setting up this trick for all of two minutes, which for somebody so witty, was an awfully long time. He chuckled to himself as he finished his latest prank by jumping over all five of the steps that led to Seth’s front door, and roaring in his face before laughing out loud.

Seth, having been frightened two times too many already, was none too happy with the result of the prank. He raised his left eyebrow as he wiped his face with his right sleeve to remove any sweat and debris from the fire and the head smash, respectively. Before he could slam the front door in Tibs’s face and get some payback, he was greeted by Tibs with a formal “Hello.”

For Tibs, that was a bit out of the ordinary. Whenever Tibs used “hello”, or “greetings” to begin a conversation, it meant that there was business. Seth picked up on this right away, and simply replied with, “Don’t tell me there’s another meeting.”

“I’m afraid so.” Tibs responded, once again trying hard to not joke around, “I hear that Specforces wants the whole TGB army to show. Anybody that doesn’t show up today gets a GBban.”

“What?” Seth was beginning to question the sanity of the TGB army’s commander, “Well, in that case, I guess we’d better get over there.” He shrugged, and then added, “Is everybody else already over there?”

Tibs’s face appeared as if it was ready to explode. Never had he had to exert this much effort to stifle a laugh, and to hold back such a great joke he had just deviated in his mind. But, after a few seconds, his mighty endeavors allowed him to stay on track. “It’s one o’clock,” Tibs started, “The meeting’s already started.”

“Okay then.” Seth finished as he swung the front door to his house shut, locking it afterwards, “We’d best be off.”

“Yeah yeah,” Said Tibs as they walked down the street towards the TGB Army HQ.

Just above the front door, a silent boy stood, everything other than his chocolate colored eyes and hair submerged in shadows, which was keeping him hanging upside down above where Seth had stood whilst conversing with Tibs. Without a word, the head sank into the shadow, which began following the two TGB denizens.
==================

Comments would be appreciated. Thank you! =)

Sincerely,

GamerShadow

Last edited by GamerShadow; 01-4-2009 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Update
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote