View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #14
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Regular Batch May/June 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
The 70 hour workweek comment was when I was doing OT stuff and said that I was treating it much like a part-time job on top of my 40 hour week job. I don't have overbearing workweeks normally, but that's beside the point.

You have a 45 second song.

17 seconds of it are contained with pitch relevance that is noticeably improvable; that's nearly half of the file and I'm not entirely sure what I can say beyond that.

The other 28 seconds of the file are contained with a structure that I occasionally found fundamentally incorrect as a result of your structural inconsistencies in representation; that's why I made the notes that I did and denoted them with an "etc." after it. It's not my job to sniff out literally every error and tell you how to fix them (contrary to my Bloodhound avatar and all).

Something that you said struck me as important to respond to:

I'm going to reiterate: this is a 45 second song with very literally two musical structures. There's not going to be a lot for me to comment on. But yes, if you do not like my judgment -- you are free to utilize an appeal because you got a 6/10.
i won't be appealing it and i kinda get where you're coming from because my train of thought is that if a song is so short i'd rather not be hitting the same patterns for 45 seconds straight :l

and frankly i would've rather been happier with a comment like "song was short and boring because of these fundamental flaws" because then i'd be like okay well, people think the song is boring so things obviously need to be changed or i need to get a different song altogether

BUT if we're going off just those two points of structure and PR then i understand your 6/10 rating and i won't be appealing it. just wish the judging process put more emphasis on the fun factor (cause idk the file felt pretty neat to hit to me) instead of being rigid sometimes because i'm of the opinion that files that follow the same strict structures or guidelines tend to get lost forever in the sea of 3000 files that ffr already has.

ANYWAYS sorry for bothering you guys i just wanted to get some stuff off my chest, have a nice day