View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #31
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: RockBand. More Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
ps one thing: drums have weird kick patterns sometimes. Like, not even what it should be at all. Really annoying, especially when it's telling me to kick on every 1st beat of every other measure, and yet naturally, I feel as though I should be kicking on every beat. In short, I'd do ****ty on drums due to wanting to kick more or if I increase difficulty, I'd get ****ed up by more difficult patterns and rhythms. Then again, similar thing with me and guitar: hard has the right intricacy of patterns, but 5th fret has a tendency to **** me up a lot.
Lower difficulties feel less like you're playing drums. You need to take yourself out of drum-playing mode to play Medium, I think. Just get used to reading where the kicks are and the other patterns. It's hard to read at first, but you can pick up on each type of pattern because they're similar from song to song. The main patterns are, anyway. drumbs lols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
ps I was disappointed by lack of a satchel or something to hold the drum sticks, so I attached an old sock 8) Also: I'm gonna pull out some of my old drum sticks because these ones are a pile of **** and I feel like they're gonna break-- also freaking splintery or something and that sucks. But yeah I think I still have a kick ass set of black sticks with my snare from junior high.
What? There's a spot for the sticks. It works pretty well, or at least, probably better than an old sock. Yeah, the sticks in the bundle are pretty terrible. They're passable, I guess. Finding someone with excess drumsticks shouldn't be to much of a hassle anyway, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecht3009046 View Post
The guitar for RockBand felt king of crappy. The buttons seemed to stick when I pressed them. The drums were REALLY easy on hard and expert. 94% on Expert on my 3rd song (playing on the drums). I forget which song it was. The drums are really fun, none the less. Haven't tried vocals yet. I feel like a bit more work could have been put into the whole game and hardware, but its fun and definitely worth the money.
I haven't found any issue with the fret buttons on the guitar. The drums will get much, much harder. They're really easy for a while, but they get VERY hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
As soon as my 360 is fixed, I'm not going to bother buying the guitars. I just need the drums, mic and game (I already have 2 guitars from GH2 and GH3).
I think buying the package would still be cheaper. The really high fret buttons are fun to use, anyway. If you have a headset, though, I think that works for the mic, in which case just buying the drums and game might be cheaper than the package.

Yesterday, I thought I was going to get used to the strum bar really quickly. Today I was having some pretty major problems. I think some of it was my friend's HDTV, though. Started having some really weird lag issues that occurred for like a minute out of an hour. It was just the guitar, though, so I don't really know. I'll just keep assuming I'll get used to it. It's cool not having the clicky sound, but it's REALLY annoying to have the bassist playing the rhythm poorly and having it throw you off.

I had a really major issue with the drum pads today. We ended up having Run to the Hills picked for us, and I was playing on expert. Now, a pattern came up that I can actually do very well, because it's utilized REALLY heavily in a few DrumMania songs. It's the kind of pattern where you hit 16ths on the hi-hat and hit the snare every half note. I thought I was playing it at least fairly well, but my meter thing was dropping like a brick. After failing, we messed around with drums in practice for a little while. We noticed that the pads' ability to register fast drumming is less than satisfactory. Now, this isn't for sure, as we didn't have anything really hard to test it with, but that's what we came up with. It'd be less drastic if songs didn't require this, which they do. Hopefully exaggerating the alternation between sticks isn't the only solution.

I dunno, it's still really, really awesome right now. I almost made it past the organ solo on that The Who song on drums with me and the two guitars abusing the living hell out of overdrive. It's damn hard. Plus, if you play solo drums, it's really hard to abuse overdrive at all. Drums are definitely not easy.

Can't wait to play more. Should be able to play all day Friday.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote