View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #1333
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
The ghosting idea has a different problem - your avrank could change drastically when old users with good scores find the site again. Active players would actually have an incentive to prevent older players from rediscovering FFR, which is not something we want happening.
You act like all the active users would all take the greedy and selfish approach by shunning returning users when in fact, if this was implemented (and I still don't know if it would even be possible) I can almost guarantee that active players wouldn't hold some kind of grudge against returning players because it effects their average rank by half of a point.

In a hypothetical scenario where this is implemented and Shash were to come back to FFR, I wouldn't be angry at all because I know that Shash did work for all his ranks and he deserves every score that he ever got. If people are getting all butthurt because a god tier all of the sudden came back to FFR, that's their problem and they're just jealous.

Dismissing the possibility that all previous FFR users would come back and we could have a big happy family again, ghosting scores from year+ inactive accounts isn't a bad way to keep the leaderboards from crowding with an astronomically high amount of AAAs. It is getting to that point where a blackflag simply isn't a good score anymore because of the MASSIVE amount of AAAs, especially on songs difficulty 9 and below.

Some would argue that it's unfair to the people with inactive accounts that their scores are being ignored, but do you really think they care about their scores being recognized when they haven't even thought about the website in over a year? Even so, their scores would be unghosted the minute they logged onto the site and there would be no issue.

But seriously guys?

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote