View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 11:33 PM   #5
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: FFR has enough sub communities, so we should just have our own umbrella of podcas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Unsure how it would go about 'reaching the masses outside of FFR's bubble' though. It's not like people outside of that bubble are going to be actively looking for it unless it's advertised outside of that bubble and happens to catch attention of niche audience-goers just like ourselves.
This exact reason is why I thought podcast would be best

you say "niche" but if you look at my example categories they're pretty broad to start with. People love music podcast already; people love anime, etc etc. These are subjects that alot of communities overlap with our own. when we upload a podcast, I'm pretty sure we can tag it with such subjects and even plug appropriate episodes in other communities (assuming doing so doesn't insult said community; some people hate the id ea of folks trying to advertise)

A consistent schedule for topics keeps the project from seeing too random/anything goes while the range of subjects we have/the range of opinions that are sure to make their way in show just how much of a weird place this really is---which I think is the appeal for those who stay long term, but remember, we have a topic for each of these. A broad topic easily searched. Just because we are presenting what we as a collective think of weird indie music and the value of foreign jams doesn't make it any less music, and there's no reason to believe that people into music wouldn't be willing to give it a try.

Rather they like what they hear is up to them. I just think we should get out there a little, ya?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote