View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Re: Batch Review Thread

Code:
FMO/FGO EVENT BATCH NOTES

Rebirth
11ELEVEN: +?
- 4:22 long sharpnel file would be pretty boring. Steps are boring as they are anyway

4 Chord Touhou: +
- Gonna have cetaka relayer this and add the necessary jacks, but this is a good sim.

Almost There: ?
- The sim is good, and would probably be accepted if you didn't pull the stupid massive 32nd stream for 8 measures. That sound is barely audible

Angelic Mirage: +?
- Parts in measures 18 - 25 couldv'e been done better. Otherwise not too bad

Are You Happy?: +?
- You've got to be kidding me, the song is incredibly incredibly repetitive and the whole thing was stepped rofl
- Make a cut and we'd be more likely to consider it

Battle Theme #37: +?
- Not bad of a sim, but I see some places where you couldv'e layered better and added hands
- Not to mention it seems to go a little offbeat as the song progresses

Big Blue: +?
- All minijacks for the triplets? Anything else wouldv'e been better. Even if that wouldv'e been the correct thing to put, for a metal song like this, and considering the notes you put those minijacks to, ou probably shouldv'e put non jack patterns down. As they are it makes the sim seem dumb while everything else about it is pretty good

Blood and Black Chocolate: +?

Blue Zenith: -
- hey thats cool, multiple charts and freezes in both

Blue-Violet: +?
- We have a version thats already queue'd. Its not an FMO/FGO but the steps fit the song better than these steps do

Boo: ?
- Long songs are not reccommended at all when they're songs like these. Quit out after like 50 seconds

Club: +
- Accepted because its my own sim and it seems about right

Core: +?
- Funner patterns couldv'e been used. It feels pretty repetitive because of the lack of many different patterns in the active 16th parts

DATA DRAIN: ?
- So repetitive. Even more so than Blurk's old version for it

Death on a Dynasty: +?
- whoa major sync error 110 seconds in
- Actually a good sim, just needs a little better layerin

Digital Confession: +?
- 5 minute sims are so dumb when they're for repetitive songs. Its a good sim and I think its just about worth accepting except for those pointless minijacks and the length. Cut the song length down and resubmit for a normal batch because it'd make a good file

disconnect the dots: ?
- Not what I'd be looking for in a sim for this event

Disconnected Exodus: +
- Great file even if it is a little repetitive

Disregard (Both versions): -
- Sorry, but I just can't see any kind of good file coming from these Berserker songs. Both sims are kinda dumb

Eclipse (Solar): +
- Note for Tass: play the oni
- 32nd streams are so stupidly hard but ok its a good sim

Electro Rush X8 v2: +

Eradication: +

Fareast Hardstylerz: +?

Feelings From The Air: ?
- Sync errors, notes placed in incorrect spots.

Happy Rainbow: ?
- That song doesn't really need to be stepped like I did the oni for it 2 - 3 years ago. Besides, we have one in the queue already thats better

Hardkore Atomic: +?
- Song kinda sucks but the simfile for it is pretty good.
- During some of the 12th double jack streams the notes aren't the same, they change every 3 notes/every beat. So the pattern should change.
- Some of the 32nd streams should have one less arrow. The blue arrow on some of those 32nd bursts should be cut out

Higan Retour: ?
- HST's sim was pretty much the best you can get for this song. It just doesn't seem to compare, even if his wasn't for FFR.
- This one just feels weird to play. 32nds in places that don't really need them. These 48th things in the slow parts probably don't go there at all

Integraation: +

Kimi Wa Nan Terabyte: +?
- Yeah this sim kinda isn't an FMO/FGO. That and theres ultimate green note syndrome at the end, but thats an SM bug, thats not you. I just don't know how to fix it

LET'S NYANCING: +
- This is like... the perfect hard file for a Sharpnel song. Except its killingscum but whatever, same guys. Hands might be a little too much but its awesome

Little God Ch@nnel (Classic Rocker): +
- I would definitely not expect a good sim out of this song. Very nice
- Few small things I'm noticing around the simfile, I might talk to you on AIM and have you fix them up or something

Lucky Star OP (TK_pavonineukon): +?
- Classic Rocker's destroys this

Maikelru's OP: + / +?
- I think that double jumpstream in the very beginning is unnecessary, but I'm not sure. Tass can look at this one and decide

MODEL DDX: +?

Molto v2: +?
- Reach's v1 is better

Nanairopanda v2: +
- My sim, etc

Nauticus' Tragic Past Revealed: ?
- Not the correct rhythms

NECROPOTENCE: +?
- In terms of fun factor, this sim isn't too great

Novo Mundo: +

OniGiri: ?
- Retarded jacks where they don't need to be. Super long streams where they definitely aren't necessary. Incredibly annoying simfile

Operation Evolution: +?
- Why do you all step such long songs like this -_-. If you're going to step something over 3:30 in length, it better be damn good
- Not FMO/FGO material anyway

Piano Etude "Gymnastics": +
- I need to look at the sync, but its accepted

Radio Heads: +?
- Few spots that need more/less layering. I'll help you with those
- Some inconsistency near the end

Rapture: ?
- Its not a bad simfile, its just stupid for the song

Reality: + / +?
- This isn't nearly as bad as the Disregard submissions but I still think any Berserker sim is stupid. I'll leave this up to tass again because I'm somewhat biased on Berserker sims

Rottel-da-STAR: ?
- Big sync error in the beginning. Random 32nds that aren't really needed at all

Saikyou OX Keikaku v2: +
- In my own opinion it might not be an FMO but I'll let tass/jx decide

Secret Zombie Room v2: -
- no

Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran: +

STRAWBERRY SWEETZ: +?

Tell v2: +
- F12 once to the gap

The Adventures of Lolo: +

The Games We Never Player: ?
- The artist is Zaghurim, not aspergian
- Rhythms in some parts are just wrong

THE OTHERS: +?
- Doesn't seem like FMo material

Variations 2: +?
- Seems like too much to be a good sim. Your original version is probably better

Vertex+i: +
- I'll have to fix some sync errors but it looks like a good sim

W@REZ: +?
- May not be FMo material

White: +?
- Some of the jump gallop parts were just put there so the sim would be more difficult. Its not really the actual layering.
- Needs some better layering in those same 8th jump parts

Your Destination: ?
- The jacks go to nothing. Long ass song, etc

JX
[[White]] [[eastsideman09]] FMO event [+? - 5]
misrhythms.. at m3-m6 most of 48ths are actually 32nds + 64th triplets.
64th is 32nd/24ths are 64ths on m7-13 (this applies to all similar parts), 24th on m53?
overhanded at the ending.

4 chord touhou (cetaka) [+ / 7.5] (low-12)

11ELEVEN (omgitznpv & eastsideman09) [+? / 4.5]
inconsistent rhythms on m36-43, at m52 missing notes on 4ths, end of m92 should be 32nds, most 24ths/48ths on burst zone are actually 32nds/64ths,
also want lower-left PR there, quad placement overall

Almost There (ElectricWerewolf) [+. / 6.5] (high-12)
32nd stream (includes many trills, RM) is so intense compared to other parts, felt making it harder by overlayering but rhythms are correct overall

Angelic Mirage (unkdavar) [+? / 5]
some parts are fun but layering is pretty inconsistent overall.
longtrill at m51- is unfun. 16th stream on m35-41?
Besides 48th bursts the difficulty doesn't deserve FMO

Are You Happy (smartdude1212) [? / 4]
196BPM 16ths = 130.66BPM 24ths (not 147) = 98BPM 32nds = 65.33BPM 48ths (not 73.5)... ok?
Difficulty inconsistency, need to follow more instruments for hard files, m216 should be 32nds

Battle Theme #37 (SulferDragon) [+. / 6.5] (high-11)
inconsistent 16th placement on m15, 19, 40, 60, 64, 85

big blue (JX) [own file] (high-11)

Blood and Black Chocolate (robertsona) [+? / 5.5]
a bit too easy for this batch, misrhythms on m7, also missing notes in many parts, fun but could be better/harder

Blue Zenith (Knoobish) [- / 0]
freezes/multi difficulty

Blue-Violet (Silvuh) [+? / 5.5]
misrhythm at the end of m16/m48 (they are 24ths), m26/m30 (one extra 32nd), m33 (missing one 32nd note), abuse/overuse of quads

Boo (customstuff) [- / 0]
offsync as hell, YNS/wrong coloring at parts, missing a lot of rhythms

Club (Rebirth) [+ / 6.5] (high 11)
technically correct except for some PR, kinda harder version of AIM Anthem

Core (customstuff) [? / 4]
difficulty is apparently under FMO, misrhythm on m18/98/114, many missing/extra notes with rhythm parts

DATA DRAIN (Ravia) [? / 3]
PR could be better, pattern changes at ending (especially roll parts) are weird

Death of a Dynasty (Vote4Nixon) [? / 4.5]
inconsistent layering after m31, misrhythm on m45/127, after m47 16ths should go with drums they don't sync with guitars well. a few off parts around m70,
rhythms after m77? offsync in m85-106.

Digital Confession (_.Spitfire._) [+? / 5.5]
rhythms on m75/115/155/187/211, technically ok for other parts, but whole thing is way too repetitive/long

Disconnect the Dots (HighBuddha) [? / 4]
need more consistency for streams (I don't recommend putting streams on hihats on this song tho)/PR, color notes after m153 are weird

Disconnected EXODUS (eastsideman09) [? / 3.5]
file is ok until m34 but after that it's like a storm of misrhythm (I'm not even pointing out those).

Disregard ([TeRa]) [? / 3.5]
more like above FGO but felt stream pattern is quite awkward, and honestly I don't think those sequent 300BPM 16ths fit the music too well.

Disregard (ExtremeX) [? / 3.5]
set 300BPM, placement of jacks/jumps/hands is weird

Eclipse (Solar) (ElectricWerewolf) [+ / 7.5] (high-12)
multi difficulties but played oni cause it looks obvious. some 32nd stream patterns are awkward, otherwise rly cool file

Electro Rush X8 v2 (Rebirth0) [+ / 7] (mid-12)

Eradication (ElectricWerewolf & bluguerrilla) [+ / 7.5] (low-12)
still extra 24th on m34/38 but ok

FAREAST HARDSTYLERZ [Oni] (cyrx900) [? / 3]
misrhyrhm on m8/86/137-142, color notes on m23?, color notes aren't synced too well but ok, 64th rolls are pretty crappy

Feelings From The Air (Knoobish) [? / 4]
misrhythm at m5-6, m8, m40.. many parts, offset of beginning is early, also some jack placements don't make sense

Happy Rainbow (Cyanite) [+? / 4.5]
bpm/gap wrong, 24ths? and extra 32nds on m75, ending is just offsync/weird. JS attempt isn't bad but not better than current queue'd one overall

Hardkore Atomic (EnR) [+? / 5]
many misrhythms, there're no 32nds on this song, those are 48ths. 64ths are weird on m68. otherwise it's ok.

Higan Retour (Ravia) [? / 3]
most 32nds/48ths go with nothing, or are misrhythmed. Original might be HST's but layering is changed with an inconsistent way

Integraation (bluguerrilla then SulferDragon) [+? / 5.5]
beginning of m11 should be 32nds (actual rhythm is 64th), 24ths on m15/33/70/71 are 32nds, misrhythm on m21/50, lags on 106-107?

Kimi Wa Nan Terabyte (omgitznpv) [+. / 6] (mid-11 due to the guitar)
some overdone parts/misrhythms on guitar part (plus contains 24th jacks and such that are just retarded), others are fine

LET'S NYANCING (omgitznpv) [+? / 5]
32nd spins could be rolls, hand/double placement on m53-88 is apparently wrong
felt missing some 16th rhythms but ok, other things are fine

Little God Ch@nnel (ClAsSiC_RoCkEr) [+? / 6]
The way of stepping is technically good, but jack usage like this is bad when the song is pretty repetitive (190bpm longjacks aren't recommended in general).

Lucky Star OP (Little God Remix) (TK_pavonineukon) [? / 3.5]
misrhythms on m32/49/65/81.. etc, a lot. inconsistent layering.

Maikelru's OP (Maikelru) [+. / 6] (mid-12)
file is full of annoying/retarded patterns and song is lol, but most parts are technically correct surprisingly.
rhythms are well-done, PR is good but could be better at parts.

Model DDX (Sulferdragon and bmah) [+? / 5.5]
m38-39 - guitar is faster than steps, m41-42/m55/ steps are faster than the guitar, also misrhythm in m38/m57, use 192nds for syncing, a bit easy for this batch

Molto Vivace v2 (NetJet) [- / 0]
way too many misrhythms and sync/layering error

Nanairopanda (Rebirth) [+ / 7.5] (mid-11)
several things are correctly done/harder compared to V1, only some jack use is a bit annoying

Nauticus' Tragic Past Revealed (Ravia) [? / 1]
extra note on m4, misrhythm on m6/ending, m35-38 are 32nds(kinda fast though), 64ths on m18?, 48th at m63/67?, patterns aren't PR at all.

NECROPOTENCE (bmah) [+ / 6.5] (low-12)
missing a 32nd on some patterns, others are fine

Novo Mundo (Dj_Ossa) [+ / 7] (low-11)

OniGiri (ExtremeX) [- / 0.5]
a lot of misrhythms, also patterns are totally horrible

Operation Evolution (Coolboyrulez0) [? / 4]
layering/rhythms could be a lot better, 24ths on m161, also patterns should be PR

Piano Etude Gymnastics (behanjc) [++ / 8] (high-11)
a bit off around m9/19/29-31 but acceptable level enough for FFR. also 16th doubles are a bit overdone, but great file overall

Radio Heads (behanjc) [+ / 7.5] (low-11)

Rapture (Coolboyrulez0) [? / 3]
quite inconsistent layering/PR, misrhythms on m36-38 (those are 32nds)

Reality (hi19hi19) [+ / 7] (mid-12)
rhythms are nice for this song

Rottel-da-STAR (_.Spitfire._) [- / 0]
auto rejection for permission issue

Saikyou OX Keikaku V2 (Rebirth) [+? / 5.5]
jack usage of m29, underlayer on m34-37(and all similar parts), misrhyrhms on m75/78/83

Secret Zombie Room V2 (sticklydude) [- / 0.5]
Those 32nds don't make sense at all plus awkward patterns.

Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran! (Rebirth) [++ / 8] (mid-11)
simply pretty fun.

STRAWBERRY SWEETZ (Silvuh) [+ / 7] (high-11)
32nd trills on m68/m217 are a bit stupid, others are fine

Tell v2 [dore] [> - 6.5]
multi difficulty (played oni), jack version.
pitch relevancy has some room for improvement, missing notes on m71-72, are jacks with BDs needed?
I don't think queue'd one should be replaced with this one personally

the adventures of lolo (JX) [own file] (low-12)

The Games We Never Played (Ravia) [? / 1]
want more PR and correct rhythms (misrhythms and random color notes)

THE OTHERS (TK_pavonineukon) [? / 2.5]
want more correct rhythms on m4/8/.. all similar parts, too easy for this batch, rhythms/double placement aren't fun, ending

Variations2 (jx) [own file] (low-11)

Vertex+i [[[eastsideman09]]] [+? / 4.5]
extra note on m14/16, m67 is 16ths, incorrect layering (some doubles/hands aren't needed), offsync especially at second half

W@REZ(EnR) [+. / 6] (low-11)
a bit gap late, missing note on m8, otherwise not bad

Your Destination - Starfalcon176 [+? / 4.5]
m33/73/105 are 32nds, some jacks are abused(m20/22/24/125/etc), some notes go with nothing/inconsistent layering

Last edited by Tasselfoot; 08-19-2008 at 10:00 PM..