View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 10:21 PM   #112
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: 2016 TWG Rules Thread

I think, because it does seem that hosts like to use an automated counter alot of the time, that [twgv] needs to just be the standard. I'm for [color][bold] not counting---I don't want a game where the counter missed a vote and then people call fouled.

I don't think the "fake vote" argument is something that comes into play here enough to deter me from favoring only [twgv] vote.

As for locking threads, I'm actually for not locking them. People should know the rules of the game and if they get modkilled by clearly not paying attention then so be it. I don't think we need to have our mods have to find the time to essentially babysit our players because they're afraid people can't refrain themselves from posting correctly, especially when they may not always be able to. Consistency is key and I'm in favor for one rule to rule to them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'm fine on the [twgv] tag being the official voting method but also denote that typos should count because sometimes you just DO NOT have time to proofread or you do and gloss over a simple but stupid typo.
Disagree for a couple of reasons.

1 If the host is using a counter it's very depended on if the host notices in time. If the host doesn't, that compromises the game. If the host happens to notice it that's fine bit that's extra work you're having them do on top of running the game.

2 If you're trying to pull some sneaky shit at the end of the game and mess up because of timing on your part, it should just be considered a part of the game like a slip or dumbtell.
Plus you should have your vote well in time to make another post if there is a typo, and if you can't be bothered to arrive at EoD timely enough to legit cast your vote then oops you better stop sucking at the game son. Making a rule that puts any type of burden on the host (no matter how small) when the root cause is the player probably isn't playing the game correctly is not something I care to support.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote