View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via MSN to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via Yahoo to LLaMaSaUceYup
Default Re: Training fast-twitch muscles for Stepmania

Brain foods! Cacao nibs, Coconut oil, Goji Berries, Chai seeds, Walnuts, Blueberries, Spirulina, Etc. Also never give up. Muscle memory buildup takes time. The more relaxed of a state you are the easier it is to learn + the faster. Psychedelics, although most are illegal (check for legality) can definitely help you learn so many times quicker. Will also put you into a relaxed zen-ful state which will allow your mind to accept all information provided without struggle. Another way would be meditation (basically the same as psychedelics except self-induced.)

If you were to compare this with juggling, this would technically be like learning to juggle 8 objects after already mastering 4. Dedication, Determination, & Practise! Each number higher gets that much more difficult it seems. Can work in a 1x2x4x8x16 configuration. (the amount of control required & achieved)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
c) my arms have gotten noticeably larger over 6 months of playing SM, although to be fair i play vibra stuff a lot. pretty sure this happens to other serious players too
The muscle on my forearm is much larger than most people I have seen because of this!

P.S. Not sure how good the repetitiveness would be on your pinky, you would probably have to work up a lot slower with said finger to prevent injury.
LLaMaSaUceYup is offline   Reply With Quote