View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Default Re: it's inevitable so here's a pre synced template

I'm not a K-Pop expert but I've seen enough to know there's a big difference in how the music industry over there works compared to here in the US. From what I hear PSY didn't even like the hype after Gangnam Style. A friend explained to me:

Quote:
You have to realize that in Korea, the music industry is exactly that, an industry. PSY's with YG, which is a bit more open to creativity than other companies, but still part of a very strict industry. PSY cashing in on previous success is probably not even his own choice, considering how much he disliked the hype after Gangnam Style. I don't blame him, nor do I blame YG, he's catering to what the audience wants, and he's doing it pretty well. Look, I'm not telling you to like the song or anything, just... Try to see it that way...
It explains why the video is targeting the average cash-splurging American. The gym, someone browsing through an iPhone, fancy foods, and overall being a dick to women (at least in the first half). This song is scientifically programmed to be catchy and money-making to people dumb enough to buy it on iTunes. The dance is painfully simple and could be done by your grandmother, which is probably the point. If you genuinely like the song though I don't mean to offend you, please feel free to support it and support PSY as an artist.

I got an iTunes leak of the song 2 days before it was released and I figured there's only one reason to step it, so I made a template. I dislike the song and I'm doubtful most simfiles for it will be fun. However, I predict anyone who steps it and uploads a video is probably going to get lots of exposure on Youtube because "Stepmania" and "K-Pop" are increasingly used together in search terms nowadays. Get it done early and upload the video and you'll probably benefit from a lot of the buzz going around now, use the exposure to advertise a pack or something along with the video. I would have done this myself but I'm not in any need to get exposure and I just really can't stand the song.

Last edited by ddrxero64; 04-15-2013 at 07:29 AM..
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote