View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #1495
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quick summary: On ISO, Haku doesn't look so hot. There's a bunch of times this game where there seems to be a clear filter he's forcing on himself in his posts. Whether that filter is from him wolfing and trying to seem natural or whether it's because he's the real cop remains to be seen, but I lean towards the former after reading thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Considering this is D0 and how many people I've seen while being online after work; I can pmuch tell I won't be leading this game.

I guess I will mostly just echo feedback as the game goes on and try to fetch what I think will make a difference.
For his first post in this game, this post betrays a mindset unnaturally focused on how he's going to play/post. He sets up a posting style (don't lead, echo feedback, bring up relevant posts) and surprisingly doesn't err from it in retrospect.

Quote:
Hey, I'm back.

Time to be uncertain about which posts I'm supposed to answer.
Here again his focus in coming to thread is how he's going to post. While uncertainty is an expected staple of Haku's game, "time to be uncertain" and "supposed to answer" do more to showcase a filter on his play than they actually show uncertainty. Almost like he's reminding himself to be uncertain.

Quote:
I'd tend to wait it out on that and try to see if there's not something easier to figure out tbh.
In response to star asking me to argue about views on Raeko. Follows this up with:
Quote:
Yeah, okay, no. I won't stand for commentary / non committal playstyle.

wayward vagabond
"I won't stand for commentary" raised my eyebrow as unexpectedly harsh coming from Haku. Is there a historical anti-commentary meta from Haku? because this is the first I hear of it for such a strong stand he's making.

Quote:
So, basically we're waiting for Shado's input at this stage ?
This struck me as odd when it first happened, and age has not helped it mature. One thing I don't like about Haku's game this game is that *normally* his posting feels FREE and unrestricted. Even during night phases as town, he brainstorms world after world regardless of how realistic they are and doesn't hold back his posts.

Here, not only is there a filter on *what* he's posting, but he doesn't even brainstorm when there's a lull in dayphase? Instead, "we're waiting for Shado's input at this stage ?"

Quote:
Actually, who have you played before here and who are you comfortable reading ?
Quote:
I'm like really curious because it's my first game with him.
This only became weird once Antori flipped wolf. Here, he's asking Antori which players he's familiar with and so on. The first post is an absolutely standard question that wouldn't raise any flags no matter who asked it.

He immediately followed it up with a justification, though: "I'm *like really curious* because it's my first game with *him*."

That first post requires no justification, and the "like really" emphasis on "curious" combined with the "him" rather than "you" means he's addressing that justification to us. It's not to get Antori to answer his question, it's to make sure everyone knows how curious he is about who Antori's played with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!