View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: Survivor (TV show)

Not even necessarily looking at the edgic, but at how the show is edited is really, really nice.

Something really funny to look at from Season One is how Sean, a doctor consistently comes across as significantly dumber than the redneck truck driver, Sue.

I'm with Charu that Season One can't really compare to Season Two, but Season One is pretty watchable.

I think we all know who wins, but in case we don't, its really, really interesting to see the levels that the real players are thinking on compared to the people who have no idea how to win the million dollars (and this is true for the first 6 or so seasons).

I've been stuck on an episode in Fiji, haven't really brought myself to get past it, but I do want to make it to the promised land of China, which has the best cast imo of any of the seasons (Second Chance and Cagayan come the closest, but they're still way behind).

I second a lot of what Cel says about what makes the show great btw. There's a lot more layers to it, especially when you kind of see what is happening rather than are told what's going on and just nod your head to it, because the show has to edit itself for mass appeal.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote