View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Survivor (TV show)

Hello!

To preface this thread, I'm going to mention that there will be spoilers and such here, so be cautious yada yada yada.

I'm going to update this thread once I get home with proper formatting & info and such, but I just wanted to get this out there while it's fresh.

There may or may not be another survivor thread on ffr, but frankly I don't really care too much and figure there should be a 2017 one anyways (there's threads last seen in 2015 in this subforum... not like it's particularly active so hey).

Anywho, here's the plan and what this thread will entail:

I'm going to rewatch every single episode of every season of Survivor, and post my thoughts on each episode as a kind of rolling commentary. I want to rewatch and get back into survivor basically, and this is the best way to motivate myself to do so. I'll probably watch and cover an episode a day, maybe more.

I'm posting this early as well in case anyone would be interested in watching alongside me or anything; I'll be starting at S01:E01 tonight once I'm home from work.

Also if anyone wants to get into this (probably fairly dated nowadays) show, now's a good chance!(?)

As a temporary closing note, survivor is more than just a reality tv show I'd say, and there's two ways to enjoy the show: enjoying the characters/plot, and analyzing the strategy and events. The former is probably more "casual" and common, while the latter is... less so? I go for a mix of both, but probably leaning to the way of analysis and strategy. A common method used in the community by some is via "edgic", which is basically editing logic, and how the editing of the show depicts the story to be a certain way (more prevalent in newer/ongoing seasons). I can cover what it is exactly I guess, but for now Google "Survivor edgic" if you're curious.

Anyways, this is that; expect more tonight probably.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote