View Single Post
Old 05-2-2020, 08:24 PM   #2745
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

I knew this was gonna be too obtuse but it was too fun to stick in there, and plus it's a soft that nobody else can use to PR hunt me (or so I thought) and only would make sense unless I explained what's so special about SNNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
what's up gamers

who's ready to get spiked?

[img]https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Deboleena_Roy4/publication/333854733/figure/fig1/AS:771197960732674@1560879330562/The-dynamics-of-a-spiking-neural-network-SNN-A-A-two-layer-feed-forward-SNN-at-any.png[/twg]
Quote:
Quote:
that's right fellas. Spiking Neural Network has entered the chat.

Real talk though. What neural coding we dropping at boys?
when any neuron in the network fires, it inhibits the activation of any "nearby" neurons. this is commonly believed to be an energy-efficiency measure in the human brain so that it doesn't need 100 neurons to fire when 1 neuron has the same information. the metaphor here is that when I "activate" I "block" another neuron from firing. it's something that nobody else would ever get on their own, but was also something that was DISTINCTLY roleblocker and not angel, cop, etc. (except I guess for mason, which Xiz misinterpreted it as)

Quote:
it's on page 2 of my spiking character sheet
Quote:
spiking
following is a literal soft, replying to a question about town roleblockers

Quote:
there are town roleblockers in this setup
one of the reasons I blew up against Xiz was that he was PR hunting me and Duskfall. Xiz brought up the spiking neural networks thing as why he thought I was a mason so I made it a point to dismiss it entirely for self-protection. After Xiz says that he read my opening posts as softs:

Quote:
the spiking NN thing was just because I had just delivered a work talk about spiking NNs and I was gonna do some stupid meme entrance to this game

there is no semantic significance to those posts
when FFA fakeclaiming cop, I got excited made some references to him getting spiked if he didn't rescind his claim

before he hardclaimed, I left these references to see if he would back off of me without me needing to out myself:

(b-buddy being deliberate)

Quote:
These pages are the mechanisms by which the blocker neuron stifles the activity of other neurons in the network.

Five hours later I came back and just full-claimed because FFA was totally willing to throw the game for his own ego and stubbornness

Quote:
Alright well I was gonna try to do this without claiming but fuck you guys for putting me at L-1 AGAIN

I'm hard claiming roleblocker. Night 1 I sheathed, last night I roleblocked FFA. He is 100% full of shit, please lynch this asshole
that's how I created a context for softing roleblocker that should have been 100% safe against PR hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic