View Single Post
Old 04-7-2014, 11:26 PM   #39
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: Stepping Stones of Stepmania released!

much thanks for the review, Kraezymann! very comprehensive, and a valuable perspective to see.

finishing up my review now.

This Will Be The Day - played Normal. really fun file (and song!), but I felt like the section in the middle could have really really been toned down, way too intense compared to the rest of the file. the quad mine is a neat motif but again kind of inappropriate for intermediate players.

Thousand Cherry Blossom - good difficulty for intermediate players except for those mines. those were hard even for ME to hit, which is saying something considering how much flack I usually get for overusing mines :P otherwise, decently-layered throughout and with a nice progression in parts. a couple of layering pet peeves (mostly minifreezes going to sounds that really don't feel like they need minifreezes), but I defer to subjectivemanias on that.

Try And Follow Me - Easy's the easiest file of mine in this pack and I hope beginners enjoy it. otherwise...

Up 'N Down - ha, great file but probably on the higher end of the intermediate difficulty spectrum, and that's being generous.

Vertex Delta - played Heavy. not the best song but you did a lot with it, and I enjoyed a lot of the repeating motifs you had throughout the file. the mines are maybe a bit overkill, but otherwise the file's surprisingly good for stream practice.

Want U Back v2 - I apologize. this really isn't a beginner file (the mines themselves are pretty much a dealbreaker), but I submitted it on a whim last year. it probably doesn't belong in this pack. three out of four isn't too bad, I guess?

favorite files:
A Broken Heart Can Mend
Adept
Clumsy Thoughts
Daybreak
Faint
Feel The Flow
Ganryu
Horizon Variations
Mirror Mirror
Our Turn
Petite Feet
Plastic Promises
Sacred Campaign
Sannin No Dragon Slayer

Last edited by moches; 04-7-2014 at 11:29 PM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote