View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #23
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Trump Administration Is Trying to Get Rid of People Who Are Transgender :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
i like "yo" and "yoself". I would use those myself.
but stuff like xie , zir, co, ze..... i mean come on... it feels like im reading chinese peoples names.

edit: bottom line though.. it's physically impossible to make other people address you with a "specific" sound. You would have to torture them until they gave in... or alter their voice box with a computer chip or something.
It's fine to request specific pronouns, it's really just a preference and all, but just because you recognize yourself as a specific gender, does not mean everyone else does, and as you have your rights to assert your choice, they have the right to assert their choice to not do so.

It's fucking ugly, but to shorten it, just for fuck's sake if someone uses the wrong one just ask them nicely and if they don't or they slip up take it in stride. It's not rocket science to even the most socially inept kinds of people.

A former coworker of mine and I talked a lot about how they're transgender and their social politics and this kinda thing is exactly what those like them are afraid of.

On another note, I get for legal purposes trying to limit what people can use as their gender is something that *maybe* ought to happen. But defining it from birth is a bit fucking much. Maybe requiring the transitioning surgery would be fine but from birth is, just, absolutely not in this day and age.

To clarify: I personally think legalality specific genders should be:

Male
Female
Transitioning
Trangender - Male
Transgender - Female

Something to this effect. Likely worded a lot nicer with less "CIS WHITE MALE" ignorance thrown in. Not where "Male" and "Female" are absolute but a broad category at best. You can't sort people into every single thing they come up with for strictly legal purposes. It's unreasonable, to a point.

Also, I think even if it's passed it'd get taken to the supreme court, where I can't imagine it'd win tbh. It'd be kind of like outlawing gay marriage again, and tbh that wouldn't happen I don't think. Just speculation though.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote