View Single Post
Old 12-4-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: people w/ divergent political opinions

It all comes down to what your working relationship with this person is. (Friend, family, lover, etc.) Does this person's behaviors and attitudes affect your interactions with them in the relevant contexts. My coworker might be a Trump supporter but that doesn't factor in to how I present myself to him. But if he repeatedly talked about Trump and white supremacy in the office, that would make people uncomfortable and I'd report him.

Naturally our romantic expectations are higher and people generally expect strong value alignment with their partners. My mom and her ex-boyfriend were diametrically opposed politically and those specific kinds of values were very important to them, so they ended up annoying each other. One of my little sister's previous boyfriends was pretty far-right but she didn't care because her core values lay elsewhere. (She eventually broke up with him because he lived like an animal and wouldn't clean up after himself.)

So the answer to your question is personal. Usually you "feel it" before you notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote