View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 10:20 AM   #18
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Stepfile Arrow Distribution (ermergerd data)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I believe Velocity can process the FFR stepchart data (same way he computed things like gameStats.htm)
It is indeed possible with FFR charts.
I'm not sure if Velocity has some store of the raw frame data somewhere on the server, but even if he doesn't, there is an easy method.
_root.beatbox code can be extracted from level .swfs using a decompiler.
It will look like this:

_root.beatBox = [[105,'L','red'],
[109,'D','yellow'],
[116,'U','yellow'],
[123,'D','yellow'],
[127,'L','blue'],
[134,'R','red'],
[145,'U','yellow'],
[152,'D','yellow'],
[155,'U','blue'],
[162,'R','red'],
[170,'U','blue'],
[177,'U','red'],
[184,'U','blue'],
[188,'D','yellow'],
[198,'L','blue']

This is obviously data that can be very easily manipulated to get whatever interesting stats you want.
Dossar used Flare to view decompiled level data and Flasm to inject changes for things such as course mods and frame fixes- not sure if those are still the de-facto tools because I haven't bothered to do frame fixes myself in a few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearShadow View Post
Well if Velocity has a way to get to this data does anyone know how to pull it? Is it available through the API? I'd actually be most interested in specific step artists to see if they skew to using certain arrows over others and then if, across the entire group of stepfile artists, it ends up flattening out any biases.
Here is a link to the FFR API beta. It currently can pull a player's levelranks and recent games.
Other interesting stats like a player's grandtotal and FFR credit count, as well as the arrow data of individual levels, are currently not available.
The frame and arrow placement data is never going to be made publicly available due to the ease with which that would enable botting programs.
I am unsure if this data is ever going to be made privately available to trusted users with API keys, as the risk still remains. You will have to ask Velocity about that.

In the past, users such as qqwref have accessed the FFR arrow data in a different way: by individually copying all the .swf files from the server via "undisclosed methods" (read: I'm not sure if it's actually been fixed yet so I'm not going to explain rofl) This is, fundamentally, not something we want you to try to do. In fact very strictly speaking I'm pretty sure it's actually completely illegal.
It has, however, led to some cool stat dump threads like this one: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=121963
There's a lot of data similar to what you described wanting to access in that thread.

Despite the fact I'm not encouraging you to go digging around on the site to find all the .swfs, the fact remains that there are at least two nearly complete sets of all FFR level .swfs (that I know of) out there: AJ (TC_Halogen) and qqwref have them, though I don't think either one has bothered to keep their collection super current. If Velocity is unwilling -for reasons I hope you find understandable- to give you access to the arrow frame data, contacting one of those two people might also get you what you want

Last edited by hi19hi19; 03-13-2015 at 10:26 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote