Old 03-9-2020, 09:01 PM   #7
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Jan/Feb 2020 Set 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik View Post
Can I get a second judge's opinion on this? I legit cannot hear a thing here unless I slow it down to like 20% speed, and even then sometimes it feels like there's nothing there (55.02 especially, I don't even see a spike in the waveform.) If I bump it up to 60% speed, it's completely inaudible to me.
Took another listen and I hear it at 1.0x speed and a few notches lower. The interesting aspect however is that unlike many other sounds that may become clearer as you slow down the song rate, this one seems to do the opposite - it becomes less obvious the slower the song plays.
Taking that into consideration, I'm ok with removing the requirement on that note, and I'll leave it up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthia View Post
Mentioned in discord already, I can hear the 16th sound on 1.0x rate
So after a subsequent listen, I still find it difficult to hear this. What likely is happening is minor differences in the general hi-hat sounds. I'd be fine leaving it in then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthia View Post
I wanted to leave the notes in for 49.75-49.97s, etc., otherwise it'd result in sudden, short breaks that doesn't correlate to a song that constantly throws percussion/break/etc. sounds. I added some 16ths (and slightly adjusted surrounding notes to keep the patterning comfortable) to satisfy consistency (49.68s, 52.05s, etc.)

I didn't want to add the 16ths in 50.42s, 51.31s, etc. because the more relevant sounds of these sections make them inaudible on 1.0x rate. Same idea with placing a 16th at 56.87s between the jumps on 56.72s-56.95s, etc.
49.75s,etc.: So basically kinda like filler for a more streamlined chart, except the sounds do exist. I think that's fair. Another alternative is to ignore the hi-hats but the filler can be the 8th drum that also exists (e.g. 49.90s).
50.42s,etc.: Yeah hence why I hinted at cautioning about the potential of making the chart too busy. Listening to these hi-hats compared to the ones at places like 49.75s, they are certainly a bit quieter, so that's a sensible decision to omit these.

Last edited by bmah; 03-9-2020 at 09:18 PM..