bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

CONTINUATION OF NOVEMBER 1, 2012 BATCH

Judge Team 3

Wayward Vagabond

Devilz Staircase (Razor) - beginning after the second ymbol crash the 12ths you have going on there no longer match the piano in the background. fix that and the file will be fine. some spots kind of played like ass so double check for areas that dont flow too well 6/10

Garden Party (ichliebekase) - nice file id like to see more variation though because thiss song repeats like damn 7/10

Lorem Ipsum (bmah & TC_Halogen) - missed jumps to choir at 116.2 song is annoying and i wish it had no vocal ugh for the solo i wouldve preferred seeing running men over rolls because its more true to the actual tapping on a guitar and i think it wouldve played better/been more fun that simply rolling 8/10

Lunatic (megamon88) - dont song and file. in the future though dont label the .sm with blank or else nothing shows up 8/10

Mozart on Crack (megamon88) - this is essentially how my file this song looks like lol. still to repetative for me but the patterns are varied enough 7/10

Poundcake! (ichliebekase & krunkykai22) - anything that you have to the sound at 36.3 should be shifted down a 32nd. this repeats waay too much and is really boring which makes the short length feel stupid long 6/10

Pull in Pull in Popped Syo Call up Arrest (jimerax) - omg jx submitted a file 10/10 the file was nice and the song was mellow and chill which was dope. im not really sure what the colour notes at 49.832 are associated with though. im guessings its to the faint piano sound thing in the background. its barely audible though and it seems random. im fine with leaving it as is but it might throw people off 7/10 8/10 without that little section

Ridorii (Elite Ninja) - cut the song im not going to accept until you do. after the 12th section there was no reason for you to keep stepping, none whatsoever 4/10

Rill Rill (Dr.Ozi Remix) (Coolboyrulez0) - very nice easy file to a great song. no complaints 8/10

Robotomy (Choofers) - your jump usage makes absolutely no sense. this is like noise steps going to noise music for almost 6 minutes. no sorry choof good for sm not ffr 4/10

sign of hero (Silvuh) - missing a jump at 40.07 other than that nice easy file 8/10

Silent Wind (0) - your notes were early by a 24th. vary your patterns up because this file gets really repetitive very quickly 6/10

Slam The Door (Rogue Remix) (Coolboyrulez0) - that was fun 8/10 lol

Sleep [alloyus] - dope awesine 9/10

SMB2 Overworld (Coolboyrulez0) - the jumps at 53.13 and 56.04 and every time after this that you step the piano doesnt make sense considering for the first have that piano also plays the same. seems like you randomly decided to start stepping it. id suggest just removing the jumps and leaving them as single notes. the 12th jumps you have going on at 75.56 also dont make any sense and id suggest removing them. 6/10

Snow (DossarLX ODI) - didnt like this cut at all. you pretty much just stepped a build up that led to nothjing. wasnt a fan of the 48th note usage split colour jumps dont work so well in ffr. overall im more disappointed in this file than i thought i would be from watching your preview. 6/10

Speak Sins (rparty89) - jump usage is bad and you have a bunch of offsync notes. go back and make sure that everything is where it needs to be and that all jumps actually go to something 6/10

Still Shy VIP Instrumental (megamon88) - awesome 8/10

Stinger (mi40) - i would prefer if the buzzes like at 114.07 and everywhere else in the file were represented as jumps instead of bursts. i think the file would play a hell of a lot better 6/10

Stuck [Yoshl] - nice file 8/10

Super Mario Brothers 3 [pxtang] - would be nice if you combined this mp3 with another one so it would be longer. fine as is i guess just too short for my liking 7/10

Swaying Sunflowers (Silvuh) - nice 7/10

T.Y.H.Y (Coolboyrulez0) - would like to see more sounds being represented and more jumps being used. the file felt empty considering the song and the difficulty gap between the easier sections and the harder sections is pretty big. 6/10

Tachyon (gameboy42690) - your jump usage makes no sense. i'll revise this rating if you can explain what the hell it is you're adding jumps to 6/10

tetris [YOSHl] - vocal sync could be tons better but for simplicity's sake its fin 7/10

The Change (Redox-) - the 24th notes you have at 9.83 should be 32nds starting at the 16th before the 4th. same where the 24ths repeat. jump usgae during ther 16th runs in the second half makes no sense. the ones during the piano solo thing not the guitar. file needs work mainly with jump usage and repetitiveness 6/10

The Trees in Juarez (mi40) - cool song. file was excessively repetitive. 5/10

Thinking Mode (Jake Ferguson) - 12ths dont go to anything and the song and steps are nothing but a loop. vary it up a hell of a lot and remove those 12ths 5/10

Time (Redox-) - that really long jack and the jacks that go to that closed hihat(?) you should just follow the guitar instead it makes more sense and the guitar overpowers the tick sound anyway. other than that file is cool 7/10

Toki (bmah) - the little last part after the 24th section couldve been cut out. probably one of your best files though 8/10

Twisted Hide and Seek (Silvuh) - i want a v2 for this 8/10

Unshakeable (MarioNintendo) - the 48th notes in the beginning and the 32nd at 122.54 would be better off left out. the 48ths i get but the sound is hardly audible. the 32nd impretty sure you're just accenting the sweep sound but it doesnt play right. aside from that dop. 8/10

VALLISTA (LongGone) - permission? file was dope. 8/10 if we have permission

Walk on Water (Silvuh) - this is probably your best file bar none 9/10

Warai (DossarLX ODI) - this was a dope easy file 8/10

Waterfall (DarkZtar) - some sync issues but not bad for your first sync job that ive seen. some of the hands didnt really make sense because while there are chords that go to the hands the chords arent loud enough compared to the surrounding notes to really make them hands. really fun regardless though just double check the file for the hand usage 7/10

We Luv Lama (icontrolyourworld) - the file couldve done without that intro and it couldve started with the vocal stuff and the snare. 6/10

What Lies Beyond The Mountains (VisD) - file was really dope until the breakcore section. learn when and where to use jumps during those sections because your jump usage didnt really make sense to me 6/10

When Penguins Fly (0) - awesome/ some jump transitions felt a bit awkward but dop 8/10

Wonder World! (Silvuh) - this file felt like it had the energy of the song really nice 8/10

You Goddamn Fish (d4u7211) - remove this jumpjack and just make it a 23 jump referring to 22.88 you abuse trills a lot but the song is short so im ok with it. i would prefer some changes to regular bursts though 7/10

Your One (_.Spitfire._) - i was wondering when you were going to submit this. awesome file to a great song. reminds me of ambient angels in terms of playability 8/10

Zombie Killing, Blood Spilling (woker-X & bmah) - see if you can find a better mp3 for this song or raise the volume its kind of quiet. 8/10

[Resubmission] The Strategy of Emperor (Tidus810) - missing 16th at 15.4 i would say dont make it a jack even though it technically should be unless you make it opposite to 4. other than that file seems fine and plays well 8/10

[Resubmission] Tied The Room Together (Jake Ferguson) - i think yo should step the pads at the end because if not ffr will just cut it out. other wise dope 8/10

psychoangel691

As I usually do I’m just doing quick notes on the files again. If anyone needs me to go into further detail on their file please feel free to shoot me a PM or message me on Skype.

Devilz Staircase (Razor) [8/+]
Overall a very solid chart, that’s pretty fun to play. Couple of patterns here or there that feel a little ridged, but overall nice job. The only thing I did notice was at 60.549 it seems like you’re following the little flourish sound, but if you are you cut it short here.

Garden Party (ichliebekase) [8/+]
Nice easy chart and it is fun to play. It’s a shame that it’s so short though, it’s one of those charts that you wish went on a little more. The only thing I think I would possibly recommend is soften the hand usage a little bit. I just feel like easy chart in general have been getting a bit bombarded with hands ever since the rule was lifted.

Lorem Ipsum (bmah & TC_Halogen) [9/+]
Awesome chart guys nice job. The only thing I have to comment on is the fact that the solo really jumps the difficulty, but I’m sure you’re aware of that already.

Lunatic (megamon88) [8/+]
I really wish the intro was stepped to this (just a personal preference). Overall really nicely done, the patterns flow really well in this.

Mozart on Crack (megamon88) [6/+.]
Structurally the chart is fine but it is just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too repetitive. I mean I know the sound sort of changes, but it’s just really the same stuff over and over again. That really killed it for me.

Poundcake! (ichliebekase & krunkykai22) [6/+.]
This is an interesting song to say the least. I’m guessing that you guys are mostly following the lyrics with a few wub sounds mixed in. Seems like there’s some missing stuff but I think it was intentional. My hugest gripe though is the repetitive nature of the song and file. It’s just a lot of the same in it.

Pull in Pull in Popped Syo Call up Arrest (jimerax) [9/+]
Great mid –level chart. I love the little accenting here and there.

Ridorii (Elite Ninja) [5/+?]
This file is really, really repetitive. Being that it’s close to 3 minutes long I think I’m going to say it has to have a cut.

Rill Rill (Dr.Ozi Remix) (Coolboyrulez0) [8/+]
This file does have a little bit of repetitiveness to it, but it’s not too bad. Overall it’s a good solid mid-level chart.

sign of hero (Silvuh) [7/+.]
Good, solid mid-level chart. Shows a little bit of repetitiveness. I understand why, but I think that switching it up a little might have been beneficial.

Silent Wind (0) [7/+.]
I generally really enjoy swing files but the problem with this one for me was the lack of variation. The song would change up but it was staying pretty much the same the whole way through. It eventually started to feel a bit draggy.

Slam the Door (Rogue Remix) (Coolboyrulez0)[8/+]
Nice straightforward file and it flowed pretty nicely as well. I really liked that the second half changed up for a bit. I love a file that offers some variety.

Sleep (alloyus)[7/+.]
Overall I think you did a nice job with this file. I personally wouldn’t have followed the high hat but it makes for some good jump stream. What bothers me a little bit about the file is the lack of variation in it, but I do understand you were keeping a constant difficulty and it does work.

SMB2 Overworld (Coolboyrulez0)[7/+.]
Overall I really enjoyed this file and thought it was a lot of fun. Just a few small things I’d like to suggest. The up down jump at 23.681 is a bit awkward to hit. I really think it’s better as a left down jump. Then the one handed trills, I really recommend changing them to easier trill patterns seeing as though the chart is fairly easy I feel as though they spike it up and we know a lot of people struggle with one handed trills.

Snow (DossarLX ODI) [8/+]
Overall pretty enjoyable chart, I really like the color tricks in it. The only thing for me was that I didn’t quite understand a few of the minijacks in it. Otherwise seems pretty solid.

Speak Sins (rparty89) [3/?]
Firstly the file seems to have a bit of a sync issue, most likely a bad offset. The jump usage is really inconsistent. There’s one point that you have jump sandwiches and I can hear anything they should be going to. Overall the file still needs work structurally.

Still Shy VIP Instrumental (megamon88) [8/+]
I was playing along thinking hey nice like standard ish level chart then I hit the wub section and it ramped up. I think you did a really nice job on this file overall. Has some nice PR and was fun to play.

Stinger (mi40) [9/+]
I think you did an excellent job with this chart. The burst patterns flow really well and I think the file is a lot of fun to play.

Stuck (YOSHl) [7/+.]
Overall a pretty solid chart. There were a few jumps that I couldn’t quite hear what they were going to but it was consistent through the whole file so I’m assuming it’s something layered in that I’m not quite catching. The only thing I’d like to see is the burst patterns smoothed out a little bit considering the rest of the file is fairly easy.

Super Mario Brothers 3 (pxtang) [6/+.]
The file was overall kind of bland and had a lot of repeating patterns for only being 37 seconds long. It also felt way longer than 37 seconds. The structure is technically okay though.

Swaying Sunflowers (Silvuh) [8/+]
Very nicely done, I like the grace note accents.

T.Y.H.Y. (Coolboyrulez0) [8/+]
Overall I thought this was a lot of fun. I would have liked a little more variation I think in some of the repeating patterns and the file does have a few spiky sections for difficulty, but I think it came together well and is enjoyable.

Tachyon (gameboy42690) [7/+.]
I’m really glad to see that you sent something in to the batch. Overall pretty solid chart, there’s one part where it seems like you switch up what you’re following in an odd place, but I also think it might be the song and it’s just hard for me to hear it. I think two things might be making the same sound for a moment which makes it feel like you’re switching up when they separate from one another.

Tetris (YOSHl) [8/+]
Pretty fun chart, I think my only complaint is that it’s so short.

The Change (Redox-) [7/+.]
Your offset is a little off on this file. At 65.270 you start having some jumps come in that I can’t hear what they’re going to. The jump usage seems a little inconsistent from here. Otherwise it’s a nice chart and I think its pretty fun to play.

The Strategy of Emperor (Tidus810) [7/+.]
Overall pretty nicely done, some PR issues here or there and just some minor stuff but I don’t see any reason to not accept it.

Thinking Mode (Jake Ferguson) [6/+.]
Overall the chart is okay. I feel like people are going to have a hard time understanding what the 12th notes go to though, it’s very hard to hear. Your jump usage is inconsistent but I’m guessing that’s because you were trying to vary the chart up a bit and have some progression.

Tied the Room Together (Jake Ferguson) [7/+.]
The chart is okay, some of the burst patterns could use some smoothing out though. I kind of didn’t like how it just ended abruptly like that.

Time (Redox-) [5/+?]
The difficulty in this file is really unbalanced. The beginning areas are fairly hard and then the rest of the file is easy. From 50.934 to 53.456 is extremely hard to tell if it’s correct. It also is a huge difficulty spike in the file. I really feel this needs to be balanced out a little better difficulty wise before being accepted.

Toki (bmah) [9/+]
I thought this chart was a lot of fun, especially when the 24ths come in.

Twisted Hide and Seek (Silvuh) [8/+]
Nice beginner file.

Unshakeable (MarioNintendo) [9/+]
Interesting song. Overall the chart is really nicely done, I like a lot of the accenting you have in it.

VALLISTA (LongGone) [8/+]
I have to admit this file feels a bit overstepped. I really would have liked to have seen a little more variation in the chart when the music would change up. Then what you have the 24ths to at 77.120 through 78.120 and then again at 91.787 through 92.453 is a little difficult to hear because there are other instruments overpowering it. Otherwise the chart is nicely done.

Walk on Water (Silvuh) [9/+]
Really fun, high energy chart. I liked this a lot.

Warai (DossarLX ODI) [6/+.]
The first half of this file is a pretty nice mid-level file. I feel where the 16ths come in is a little confusing of a rhythm but not too bad. But then the second half is a bit spikey and gets really repetitive for a bit. I think the file could really benefit from a cut.

Waterfall (DarkZtar) [6/+.]
The file was a little bland, it’s just a lot of the same for over two minutes. I really feel this needs a cut. I also couldn’t tell what some of the jumps were going to. Maybe I couldn’t clearly hear what you were following in a few sections but if I can’t in headphones chances are the player wont either.

We Luv Lama (icontrolyourworld) [7/+.]
Basically I see this chart as an improved pants. Normally I’d hate something that was 5 minutes long but I actually didn’t even realize 5 minutes went by when I hit the end of the file. I wish there was a little more to break up all the jumpstream in the file but otherwise I really have no complaints.

What Lies Beyond the Mountains (VisD) [7/+.]
Interesting song, the chart was pretty decent. There were a few times it seemed like you changed up what you were following which felt a little awkward and some of the jump usage was odd. I couldn’t hear what a few of them were going to and then it seemed a few were missing here and there. Overall not bad.

When Penguins Fly (0) [8/+]
Really fun chart to play, I didn’t notice any major errors.

Wonder World! (Silvuh) [8/+]
Another really nice easier file.

You Goddamn Fish (d4u7211) [6/+.]
In terms of technicality the file is alright, but overall it’s pretty bland and doesn’t really offer much to keep a player interested. Also you have a nasty minijack at 22.881 that really should be changed.

Your One (_.Spitfire._) [7/+.]
This file is pretty spikey. Got some fast bursts/rolls and then sections that are straight 8th notes. That’s really my biggest gripe with the chart but it seems technically accurate.

Zombie Killing, Blood Spilling (woker-X & bmah) [7/+.]
The chart is nicely done but I have to admit it started to get draggy for me. The song doesn’t offer a whole lot of variation it seems. Another thing that was bugging me a little bit is overall the file is aggressive but there were sections that were under stepped even though there was more going on. I’m guessing this was done for variation sake, but seeing only a few quarter notes when the song is still going aggressive irked me a little.

samurai7694

[RESUBMISSIONS]

The Strategy of Emperor (Tidus810)

- I thought the layering was nice, especially the jumpstream bit
- rhythm I'm unsure about at 15.221s and 20.878s. personally the piano sounds quiet and instead I would add in notes to the percussion (bass kick)
- nice flow in stream patterns, I might add.
- nicely done overall.
- 7/10 [+.]

Tied The Room Together (Jake Ferguson)

- lots of trills/index patterns, which is not a bad thing but a variety of patterns is better. However, given the song length, it probably doesn't even matter anyway.
- nice job with layering the percussion.
- 7/10 [+.]

[/RESUBMISSIONS]

Devilz Staircase (Razor)

- cool challenging file
- nice pattern choices overall, especially the ending which flows really well
- 8/10 [+]

Garden Party (ichliebekase)

- within the first few seconds I picked up a MAJOR misrhythm which goes on throughout the whole file. every 16th note are actually swinging 24th notes.
- the file itself is good, but the misrhythm was a huge flaw.
- 5/10 [+?]

Lorem Ipsum (bmah & TC_Halogen)

- color note trill? check. nice layering patterns? check.
- song is cool. file was awesome to play as well.
- 8/10 [+]

Lunatic (megamon88)

- very typical dubstep song, I didn't really like the song that much.
- the file made up for it, though. felt fun to play.
- 7/10 [+.]

Mozart on Crack (megamon88)

- nice song title.
- file was cool, so was the song.
- 7/10 [+.]

Poundcake! (ichliebekase & krunkykai22)

- interesting to layer the dubstep sound as jumps while having the same jump emphasizing the same pitch.
- short song, though I actually found it catchy.
- 7/10 [+.]

Pull in Pull in Popped Syo Call up Arrest (jimerax)

- song is catchy.
- patterns kind of make it obvious it's from jim (idk if it's just me who notices these kind of things lol), but it was fun to play through
- 8/10 [+]

Ridorii (Elite Ninja)

- I would suggest starting the 16th note jumpstream as soon as the 16th note rhythm kicks jump in at 17.056s
- nice hand layering at 101.682s, except you should also add a hand instead of [23] 4th jump at 107.324s since that also lands on a crash cymbal
- nice file.
- 7/10 [+.]

Rill Rill (Dr.Ozi Remix) (Coolboyrulez0)

- 53.294s I would rather it be a 12th note since I hear the dubstep sound more than the hi hat
- 55.965s, listen closely with assist tick, or on a slower rate. those aren't supposed to be 12th notes, it's a lot slower than that as it becomes offsync ar around 56.787s. It's probably off by a 24th note.
- 62.130s, it's odd to have a 4th jump there when the sound is brought out at a slightly later time. I would overall avoid songs like this because it becomes tricky to sync/step properly.
- It also doesn't look appealing leaving out rhythms just to make the file easier.
- The above notes apply for the second half of the file. I would suggest a cut too if you plan on fixing this.
- 4/10 [+?]

Robotomy (Choofers)

- DAMN these steps are as dark as the song itself
- just pointing out that there's no 2 second silence in the beginning.
- imo it's a bad transition to go from a right hand jack to a 434 mini trill at 73.475s
- another funky pattern at 300.739s
- 301.329s causes a 4343 mini trill that's prett hard to hit
- I really like this file and song, but PLEASE fix the patterns listed above, thanks. Everything else felt okay to me.
- 7/10 [+.]

sign of hero (Silvuh)

- I don't get what the 16th note at 58.518s is for.
- Other than that, it's a solid easy file.
- 7/10 [+.]

Silent Wind (0)

- I think he offset is really off, plus there's no 2 second silence.
- It's about as fun as One More Cutie.. There's really not much going on except repetitive 24th note swing.
- I don't like that 24th note jack.
- 4/10 [+?]

Slam The Door (Rogue Remix) (Coolboyrulez0)

- this file was pretty fun, much better than Rill Rill.
- my only complaint was to have the crash cymbals layered as hands instead of jumps for added emphasis.
- 7/10 [+.]

Sleep [alloyus]

- wow, really vicious song
- nice use of jumpstream for this song
- what made you decide to use 16th note triplets instead of straight 16ths for the hi hats starting at 100.540s? I guess it's to make it look/feel different compared to the jumpstream for the main sections but personally I'd just either step all the hi hats or remove them and focus more on the vocals, kicks, and snares.
- very good file.
- 8/10 [+]

SMB2 Overworld (Coolboyrulez0)

- 48.651s, that 12th note should actually be an 8th note, then add a 4th note after for the guitar
- 68.378s random 48th note for what?
- 95.136s, same problem as first note, change 12th note to 8th note
- colored notes in the piano solo section needs to be checked because it's offsync
- I'd suggest taking this over to ddream and redoing this file
- 5/10 [+?]

Snow (DossarLX ODI)

- I see the BPM changes and I like the intention of it
- cool file and song
- 8/10 [+]

Speak Sins (rparty89)

- why the blue note syndrome?
- personally it would be best of the jumps went along with the music notes (aka using pitch relevancy) instead of being all [14] jumps
- the 16th notes shouldn't stop until 25.733s, meaning you're missing a 16th note before that [23] 8th note jump
- those jumptrills are overlayered
- it gets really offsync later. quit out from here
- you should really take this over to ddream and sync this properly as well as changing nearly everything from this chart because it's all screwy.
- 3/10 [?]

Still Shy VIP Instrumental (megamon88)

- cool song and file
- 8/10 [+]

Stinger (mi40)

- the bursts at 51.299s are funky. the 16th note along with the other notes in the second burst should be shifted up to the 8th note instead
- interesting burst file. song is cool.
- 7/10 [+.]

Stuck [Yoshl]

- interesting song choice
- bursts are comfortable to hit
- nice file
- 8/10 [+]

Super Mario Brothers 3 [pxtang]

- the patterns are boring and repetitive, which is impressive to say on a short song like this. at least add more varierty in patterns, other than mirroring 12321/43234 patterns over and over again
- the song itself is too short in my opinion and there really isn't anything spectacular about it
- 6/10 [+.]

Swaying Sunflowers (Silvuh)

- nice easy file to go along with the song
- 8/10 [+]

T.Y.H.Y (Coolboyrulez0)

- another good fun easy file
- 8/10 [+]

Tachyon (gameboy42690)

- cool song and cool file
- 8/10 [+]

tetris [YOSHl]

- song felt too short for me
- the chart was alright
- 6/10 [+.]

The Change (Redox-)

- the layering is a bit funky, as if there's jumps at random places for no reason, starting from the section at 60.020s to 76.020s
- meh, the section starting at 15.520s has really weird layering and I would suggest keeping jumps to the percussion, specifically the kick and snare rather than the piano
- 5/10 [+?]

The Trees in Juarez (mi40)

- that's a really bad pattern transition at 95.560s from the up arrow mini jack to the right arrow mini jack caused by layering, which again happens later on but mirrored. I would suggest fixing that.
- 7/10 [+.]

Thinking Mode (Jake Ferguson)

- missing 16th note at 33.995s. I would have let that slide up until I noticed that there was 12th notes in the part right after which are all incorrectly placed because it's not needed at all for that section. Just 8th notes would have sufficed.
- song is very boring and repetitive and so is the chart.
- 4/10 [+?]

Time (Redox-)

- 24ths actually start on 27.174s for that section
- random 48th notes out of nowhere
- really nice mirrored pattern at 59.828s
- be consistent with the jumps in the section starting at 70.447s. The first 4th jump is for the crash cymbal, which then the jumps are to emphasize the snare, and then suddenly at 74.695s it goes to the guitar. don't do that.
- 82.129s that section is too empty
- 87.438s same as above, there is an 8th note kick rhythm going on that isn't stepped
- 102.306s those should be 12th notes not 16th notes
- needs a lot of work
- 4/10 [+?]

Toki (bmah)

- really liked the 24th note section of the chart
- felt fun to play
- 8/10 [+]

Twisted Hide and Seek (Silvuh)

- song is chill and interesting
- nice chart for beginner players
- 8/10 [+]

Unshakeable (MarioNintendo)

- song really surprised me haha
- bpm changes broke stepmania autoplay lol why not use smaller BPMs to sync the notes? they're really only necessary for making more than one color play at the same time
- 7/10 [+.] p.s. cute subtitle

VALLISTA (LongGone)

- 14.287s why is this 8th note not a jump like the others to emphasize the kick?
- nice jumpstream patterns
- the 24th note at 77.176s, I would personally change that to the up arrow instead since the transition feels better than having it under the 32nd note on the right arrow

- same problem as above on the 24th note at 91.842s
- nice use of color theory
- 6/10 [+.]

Walk on Water (Silvuh)

- I like the change in feel in the song at 69.917s
- cool file
- 8/10 [+]

Warai (DossarLX ODI)

- idk how many times I've heard this song over and over again lol
- nice easy file for beginner/intermediate players to play through a DJ Sharpnel file without having to worry about heavy jumpstream or 32nd rolls hehe
- the constant 1234/3123/4123 16th notes are boring though. add more variety to those 16th notes.
- 7/10 [+]

Waterfall (DarkZtar)

- I like the song
- the chart is nice too. jacks aren't too fast which makes a fun-to-play jump-jack-heavy file
- the mini jacks and layering is properly done
- 8/10 [+]

We Luv Lama (icontrolyourworld)

- *looks at the song title and stepfile artist* Oh dear...
- to be honest I'm quite done with generic sharpnel sounds and jumpstream
- first off, blue note syndrome is a no-no from me
- a LOT of 32nd notes are missing, such as in 50.449s, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
- it's way WAY too repetitive for me to play through, so I would STRONGLY suggest a cut if you plan on resubmitting this.
- maybe FFR doesn need a stamina draining jumpstream file, but I wouldn't want it to be this song, sorry.
- 2/10 [?]

What Lies Beyond The Mountains (VisD)

- interesting song choice
- the split rolls compliment the harp sounds nicely
- 8/10 [+]

When Penguins Fly (0)

- interesting/hilarious song choice
- fun to play through
- 7/10 [+]

Wonder World! (Silvuh)

- nice easy file
- 8/10 [+]

You Goddamn Fish (d4u7211)

- woah, avoid awkward transitions of jump trills such as in 22.350s that cause mini jacks
- other than that, the patterns are nice. please fix the above
- 6/10 [+.]

Your One (_.Spitfire._)

- off-rhythm color notes were awesome
- cool song, especially when the "vocals" went to 16th note rhythms
- 8/10 [+]

Zombie Killing, Blood Spilling (woker-X & bmah)

- song made me laugh, specifically the lyrics
- nice guitar solo section
- patterns are nice
- 8/10 [+]

Niala/Kommisar

Devilz Staircase 6/10 [+.]
- beat 20 missing the piano
- terrible 24th patterns that aren't terribly relevant to the music.
- there are 12ths starting way earlier than you have them at beat 125.
- also in that section using 8th jumps is unnecessary, simple notes for the polyrhythms would be fine
- beat 186.5 feels like the 24th could go to the hand
- why is the placeholder on a 64th?
- I gotta say the second half of this file is leagues better than the first half. Just in chart structure it all makes sense, the first half has some good stuff (like those 12th jumpjacks at measure 19+) but it just doesn't flow well until about measure 38.

Garden Party (ichliebekase) 7/10 [+.]
- That was fun. Dinky little file, but fun.
- I like the idea at measure 8 but I don't think it's exaggerated enough at the end in the timing.
- Also song has more swing than the file but not a big deal really.

Lorem Ipsum (bmah + TC_Halogen) 8/10 [+]
- beat 358 ugh
- Also guitar riff ugh
- intro section is messy imo, the transitions between what you're stepping when aren't clear.
- that note

Lunatic (megamon88) 9/10 [+]
- beat 263.5 missing a 16th
- nice file

Mozart On Crack (megamon88) 9/10 [+]
- that was fun
- nice file

Poundcake! (ichliebekase + krunkykai) 6/10 [+.]
- holy early sync
- beat 38.5 those are not 16ths, those are 24ths + other spots
- and given that that mistake is almost literally a quarter of the file, I can't really let it slide.
- that aside it's fun. song is fucking hilarious.

Pull in Pull in Popped Syo Call up Arrest (jimerax) 8/10 [+]
- beat 117.5 missing an 8th
- beat 133.5 needs to be sync'd, frames will be late otherwise
- smiled like a dork the entire time love this song

Ridorii (Elite Ninja) 5/10 [+?]
- file's a tad early
- just before measure 19 there's a string of 7 16ths that doesn't make a lot of sense, and the ones that repeat.
- Also, changing the last one to two seperate strings of 3 is silly 'cause you can't really tell what the rhythm is anyway.
- missing note at beat 274.333
- and 314.333
- you did it everywhere
- come to noticing shit, beat 358.667 is a 3 note jack with the notes before and after it. and all the times that played otherwise
- those 24ths you used throughout the whole file as for the drums every 4 measures are just 16ths.
- also drags on quite a bit, there's a lot of empty space in the arrows that could be cut out.

Rill Rill (stuff) (cbr) 6/10 [+.]
- beat 127.5 is a 12th/16th
- so is beat 131.5
- missed 16th at 174.25
- urgh beat 183.5 is a 12th/16th. gonna stop pointing them out at this point
- beat 193.75 missing a 16th
- the song is very clearcut so if you step something even a bit any sound it produces is obvious and can't have arrows ignored for difficulty or otherwise.

Robotomy (choofers) 1/10 [-]
- btw nobody gives enough of a shit to play your 4k 6 year long arrow dump on a song that sounds like a mad scientist's computer is exploding
- beat 121 why'd you step that the second time but not the first
- the last 3 measures are actually the best part of this file. They're playable and that means it's over.
- Honestly not even sure where to begin... First of all it goes on forever for this fucking noise.
- Second, I found myself stopping playing while that noise is still going on after I finished in quite a few spots, so even on an objective level this file isn't exactly perfect.
- Third, the rainbow in this file is absurd, and given the speed it's impossible to tell what the hell is going on.
- Fourth... idek man, idek. It's just a 6 minute absurd waste of time, that's all there is to it.
- And the argument of "rato and dp" is kind of unjustified. Most of the people judging your file won't have accepted either of those, so we can't be expected to hold this file to that files standards, it wasn't our doing that they got accepted in the first place.
- On top of that, those files, while hard, appear to be much more relevant to the song at a glance than this does. They have hard areas that are justified in the music because the music does it's job of being MUSIC and giving you something to go off of. This is just... nonsense.

sign of hero (Silvuh) 7/10 [+.]
- beat 78.75 seems to be missing a 16th
- Uh... The song itself is kinda unclear, particularly the lower notes on the flute, which makes it hard to hear exactly what's going on.
- That being said, it plays well and accurately from what you can hear so I think it's okay, but could probably be better if you had picked a more clear sound to use as the main layering.

Silent Wind (0) 7/10 [+.]
- Holy early sync like 60-80ms
- really cool song, my one big complaint is it's too intense because of how jump-heavy it is. I think it's still technically very correct, just too overcrowded for how calm and smooth the song itself is.

Slam The Door (Rogue Remix) 7/10 [+.]
- sync is a bit early, 20ms or so
- beat 34 and repetitions plays really rough. Not having a jump on that note breaks the cycle of drumbeats representing jumps that's used for the other 3 quarter notes each measure, which disturbs the natural flow of the layering.
- beat 184.25 and repetitions is a ghost note
- mostly fine.

Sleep (alloyus) 4/10 [+?]
- Not a marathon file eh...
- beat 282 and all that shit, I get that the jumps are all the same 'cause it's all the same dumbstepnoisething but it just makes an anchor. And that, my friend, is why this stream is really really hard to play and uncomfortable.
- It's actually like, anchor-city in that stream, it's almost impossible to play.
- Also, every time you have 16ths jumps in the stream, you aren't required to use [12] and [34]. Instead of making it simpler, it actually just makes it stale and repetitive.
- beat 451.5 11 UP ARROWS I mean, cmon, you really need to fix this stuff.
- Like, stream aside, the file is good. I like the concept, marathon files are fine and all. Just really really bad stream patterns.
- I don't think I can emphasize just how much that ruins the file.

SMB2 Overworld (cbr) 7/10 [+.]
- beat 87.667 should be a different arrow so I'm not 1-hand trilling into a polyrhythm change.
- the 64th at beat 306.188 is a bit early, actually, and not the same as the previous trill notes.
- the cut ended kinda awkwardly, and it still felt a bit long to be entirely honest.
- measure 89+ the 16ths could do with a bit of a timing improvement
- Nothing terrible about the file.

Snow (Dossar) 9/10 [+]
- I like this file a lot, cyan note theory really panned out nicely and gave it a nice edge as far as snow theory.
- Why is the ending absurdly forever?

Speak Sins (rparty89) 4/10 [+?]
- sync's a bit early.
- also those [14] jumps at the start shouldn't all be [14]s. awkward in terms of PR.
- why is there a jump at beat 54.75
- missing a 16th at beat 68.250
- PR on jumps again
- also blue notes on 4ths whyyyyyyyyyy
- missing a 16th at 104.75
- merp? measure 30 a lot of those jumps are nonsensical or just nonexistent.
- well, in measure 39 what you did was technically on time, but there's a 16th cut out in the music (probably from an audacity cut) that put the second half off sync.
- this song also ends 6 times. had a good laugh at it.
- fix the sync, better PR on the jumps, and fixing missing notes will make this good to go.

Still Shy VIP Instrumental (megamon88) 9/10 [+]
- That fixed 16th did so much for this song.
- this file is amazing now gj

Stinger (mi40) [PASS]

Stuck (YOSHl) 7/10 [+.]
- beat 142-144 patterns are gross
- beat 149.5 jump?
- also those 64ths are rough.
- A bit spikey in spots but overall pretty good. Just fix patterns.

Super Mario Brothers 3 (pxtang) 6/10 [+.]
- merp. Really short.
- Also, I really think the patterns chosen in this file just amp the difficulty in a really poor way. Poor use of 8th jacks into 1handed jumps create a lot of artificial difficulty.

Swaying Sunflowers (Silvuh) 8/10 [+]
- missing 8th jump at beat 30.50
- Honestly pretty boring but meh it's fine

The Strategy of Emperor 6/10 [+.]
- a bit late
- beat 39 16ths are either ignored entirely or done the whole way.
- 12ths after beat 55 are somewhat vague.
- PR the jumps at 126
- The sync is rough
- awesome song, steps are pretty good. Sync is really holding it back, though.

T.Y.H.Y (5/10)
-Layering makes little to no sense, some parts overlayered and some parts are single note snoozefests.

Tachyon (6/10)
-m44 I get that you're following hi-hats instead of the background, but this section feels like it could use a little more. Rest is pretty straight forward and well done aside from a few awkward patterns.

Tetris (7/10)
-Haha awesome song choice. Layering is well done and file flows beautifully. Song is tragically short though.

The Change (6/10)
-sort of disappointed that the beginning doesn't pay attention to the percussion's drive all that much. Bass parts feel empty as a result.

The Strategy of Emperor (7/10)
-I feel like I'm playing a file intended for BMS haha. Not totally a bad thing. Simple file done correctly.

The Trees in Juarez (5/10)
-beginning is a non pitch relevant snoozefest. Could cut most of the intro. This doesn't seem to offer more than 4th jumps with intermittent 8ths until it picks up. The jump useage with the 16ths doesn't make much sense.

Thinking Mode (2/10)
-m11 hey the bass drum didn't stop, why stop layering jumps? 12th notes that make no sense whatsoever, lots of things wrong with this.

Tied the Room Together (6/10)
-This song is way too short. File itself is great, but is this really the only cut you could get away with? I'd like to see something at least over a minute 30. Also huge pet peeve of mine: why step at 80bpm? what's wrong with 160?

Time (6/10)
-m13 missed 24ths. m15 missed 16ths, I could go on, but you should go over this file to check notes you missed. File is impressive, but can't forget about consistency. Percussion is very inconsistent here.

Toki (9/10)
-This file grasps how a file should be constructed very very well. The teal notes weren't necessary 90% of the time, but they weren't totally abused. One of the more replayable files I've ever had to judge.

Twisted Hide and Seek (4/10)
-In the beginning some 4th notes I have no idea what they're going to, because it's most certainly not following any peticular instrument. Even for an easy file, a lack of structure and consistency should be no excuse. Rather it should be even easier. Song is also unfortunately short.

Unshakeable (7/10)
-Very well constructed file. Not the best pattern choices though (especially 16ths).

Vallista (8/10)
-Your regular ordinary ffr community pack drum n bass file.

Walk on Water (6/10)
-I'm annoyed that the bass drum 4ths are basically ignored in the entire first section. Also please stop sending vbr mp3s, Stepmania 5 doesn't support them and they're of inferior quality.

Warai (6/10)
-m42 the 16ths should be followed more accurately instead of throwing 8ths in that don't follow the synth. Good file structure though.

Waterfall (7/10)
-pretty chill file. don't see much to complain about here.

We Luv Lama (3/10)
-The way you layer the jumps at the start make it seem like your file has blue note syndrome. There are no 4th jumps at all and this is really unsettling. doesn't capture the feel of the song at all. File is also very offsync, and eventually does have blue note syndrome (main beat on 8th notes). Should fix this.

What Lies Beyond the Mountains (7/10)
-Can people please stop stepping at low bpms when your standard 100-200 bpm is fine? Wow. Anyways this is great.

When Penguins Fly (5/10)
-File has the worst 32nd patterns you could possibly arrange. Some sections opt out the 32nds which leave consistency questionned.

Wonder World! (6/10)
-Decent file. Straightforward stuff.

You Goddamn Fish (7/10)
-At this speed you should really avoid 16th jump jacks and [14][3][14] patterns.

Your One (6/10)
-A few notes missed during some transitions, but overall a pretty alright file. Some of the jumpy parts are a little underwhelming though.

Zombie Killing, Blood Spilling (7/10)
-Some of the jumpstream parts have awful patterns. File is alright though.

Last edited by bmah; 05-30-2013 at 11:58 PM..