View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #1893
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
I NEVER said it was better. Why is it so hard to believe that I like it because it's different?
Seems rather silly keeping a scoring system that is clearly an improper way to gauge skill, just because it's different. You can like combo scoring for being different, but it shouldn't be kept because it is a bad way to rank people's results. A good example of this would be the various improvements FFR has made over the years to it's engine, such as speed mods, the average miss glitch fix, 3 frame perfect windows, or even custom key setups. I am genuinely happy that these sort of things were adapted into the engine, instead of disregarding them to be "different" from other rhythm games.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
You don't like combo scoring because you are a masher?
I hope this is a typo or two because everything about this sentence is wrong.
I suppose my sentence could have been misinterpreted as saying that you do not like combo scoring because you do mash. In reality it should have been more like this:
"So you say the reason why you like combo scoring is not related to mashing songs?"

I apologize and will correct my post. Although, since you brought up grammar and spelling, let's take a stab at your previous post shall we?

Quote:
It's a TV, some random insignia. There is no game mode, and there's ony* enough delay to be noticable** on rhythm games. Ill*** get like 100 goods on a song I could SDG.

and**** crying cause*(5) you missflagged*(6) a song and ffr*(7) says mashers are better than you is not a good argument imo*(8). I've missflagged*(9) songs before to*(10). It's not an occurence*(11) solely to plague the elite of FFR. If you can get 0-0-1-0 on a song and you can't get at least 2-0-0-2 the next play there's something wrong.

also*(12) this gathering opinion that I only like combo scoring because Im*(13) a masher is starting to get out of hand. I have over 1000 FCs*(14) and*(15) only have 6ish truly "mashed" FCs*(16). Jeez, that has nothing to do with it.

edit: I used the term "lag calibration" because that's what it's called on Guitar Hero. I don't know how hard something like that would be to program, but I don't expect much since im*(17) probably the only person with this problem. the*(18) kb*(19) on my laptop is a bit better anyway so no worries.
*only
**noticeable
***I'll
****Starting a sentence with a preposition, and missing a capital. Revise to "Also, crying..."
*5: because
*6: miss flagged or miss-flagged
*7: FFR (abbreviations should always be capital)
*8: in my opinion (never use text lingo when being a grammar Nazi)
*9: miss flagged or miss-flagged
*10: too (also can replace it, therefore is not "to")
*11: occurrence
*12: Also
*13: I'm
*14: FC's
*15: Needs a comma before the word. Revise to "FC's, and..."
*16: FC's
*17: I'm
*18: The
*19: keyboard (never use text lingo when being a grammar Nazi)

You shouldn't try to use grammar and spelling as any sort of weight in your argument if you cannot use proper spelling or grammar yourself.