View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #24
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: hello allow me to introduce to u my Wife

Oook update time, there were actually a lot fewer questions than I expected, but I guess pretty much everyone around here has been around long enough that this is beyond overdue.

I guess that's a good thing though I don't feel like spending 6 hours on this post. Despite knowing that a bunch of people won't read any of the fairly detailed and important information below I'm going to go ahead and link a download for your convenience.

https://www.mediafire.com/?fi73n7asoap8pl1

I'm also going to be partially at fault because I'm definitely posting this before writing out the second half of whatever needs to be documented because I'm really tired.

vvvvstuff u should prolly readvvvv

Since there was no riotous outrage at nerfing the shit out of freezes and I received general approval through other channels I'm going to go ahead and set freezes to 0 and set the penalty to -6, for the sake of consistency with dp. There'll be plenty of time to titrate parameters over the next month or so. Also apparently there's a differentiation between missed holds and dropped holds, missed holds I assume being holds that are attached to a note that was missed entirely. For the moment both are set to -6.

I also heard about an inquiry regarding how grades will function, specifically the AAA grade. For the time being my inclination is just to assign that particular grade based on the existing judgment windows and qualifications. It's simple and most importantly requires me to do little to nothing. I also dislike the breakpoint nature of grades and feel that a mathematical representation, as long as it is more "accurate" than the existing systems (it is), is just superior. However grades have their use apart from indicating how well players scored on something. They offer quick visual acknowledgement of a range and can be represented with colors or a small set of letters, making them useful for themeing etc. I wouldn't be opposed to at some point coming up with a set of grades (or if other people have suggestions) and already from what I've seen the 99% point seems like a strong candidate.

As mentioned before the work rewriting my theme and writing what could/should be independent script for most of Wife's functionality concurrently has resulted in a pretty thick layer of interdependence.

For this reason the pref.ini altering script has been removed and the theme should be compatible with any 5.010(+?) version of sm5 without affecting any of your guys' good stuff.

Most of what I haven't documented so far are theme specific changes but I'll run them down quickly:

But first a list of things you probably shouldn't be doing, and won't invoke any pity from me if you do do them and blow your computer up:
Try to play jsnipe or lightboxer or cardcampers or whatever other game modes there are
Use any judge below 4
Intentionally load 20 million songs and faceroll at the songsearch
Delete random lines of code in scripts
Intentionally scroll through doubles and solo packs to try and trip up my poor girl. There's logic written to do nothing unless you have selected a 4k single chart however...
Pretty sure dwi files throw errors because no logic is written to do nothing for them and by errors i mean the game whines and nothing happens
Play single player on 2p. Just don't do it. For that matter don't try to do doubles with your 5 year old sister either.

everything is 4k kb play focused just keep that in mind

so stuff

**apparently the song search restricts you to the matches even after exiting search mode, never caught this bug because i kept playing the songs i was searching for. going into gameplay and exiting fixes it

***important*** The chart hashing script isn't finalized yet. Only when it is and I'm certain the hash keys aren't going to change will there be a github official release. This means for the alpha stage of whatever im doing the hash keys can change possibly during and almost definitely after. So think of this like a closed beta for a game where theres a character wipe at the end of it. Only I'll be nice and go out of my way to let your export your characters. If you really really want to save the recorded data for certain scores you get during this time you can pm me here or otherwise get in touch with me and send me a rar/zip of the wife folder and i'll do my best to convert the entries into the final hashing setup for you and send them back. If you want very specific high priority entries saved you should let me know as well. The wife data is saved to your root stepmania 5 directory for the moment and is not unique to profile. It will be eventually.

The theme converts all of your existing scores to the new database/format as you scroll through songs as well as running the hashing script. Without a reasonably high quality any time loss is negligible. I ran a few tests with my old disk drive and while it's visibly slower to scroll through packs it's not, at least, to me, a big deal. The conversion of existing scores is only done once and all generated chart keys are stored in memory until the end of the session (or possibly if you return to the menu screen). Basically, the dip in scroll speed is not persistent.

Mss is the default scoring system in the theme. It can be changed in the theme options like a standard option. The default fallback score type is currently just set to DP, you can find either (somewhere in the scripts for the latter) and change them if you wish. The j4 version of mss isn't added yet, however you can adjust the parameters for MSS in scripts/Wife if you -really want to-, feel free to play around with them.

Since scores are rate separated in the scoring hierarchy, at music select the theme will pull your best non fail score for your currently selected rate for your currently selected scoring type. Rate can be changed by using shift effectup/down still and eventually they'll have unique bindings. If it doesn't find a score for the given rate you're on it'll begun recursively checking through all rates with scores logged and prioritize highest rate non-fails on your default scoring type and then your fallback scoring type. If it still doesn't find anything it'll display your best fail on whatever rate for your fallback scoretype. The logic still needs a little work but it mostly does what it should. The displayed score will indicate what scoring type it was achieved under, as well as which rate, and through (), indicate whether or not that is your currently selected rate. Everything being displayed from song meta to score information is being pulled from the Wife table.

That's only for the primary score display however. Ca25nada's pre-existing scoreboard is untouched apart from defaulting to the fallback scoretype and it can be selected and viewed and used as normal. The same concept applies to the evaluation screen. For the moment the primary (the bigger number guys) % display is whatever your default scoring type is (MSS unless you change it) and the smaller number above is the fallback type (actually not sure if i disabled that and just left the scoreboard or it broke or what). The scoreboard to the right again remains unaltered.

Rudimentary song search is in the game and accessible through pressing insert.... its pretty idiotproof there shouldn't need to be any more said on that subject. Well except that the things don't go well if you open the avatar switch thing while song search is active. You'll probably have to restart your game. Also it only supports alphanumeric, no swagdollas.

eval screen I havent really done much with yet, pretty sure im missing some things but I think i hit the important stuff
im not particularly looking for feedback however its always appreciated, i'll clean up the non-drivel in this and move it to the main post later

e: forgot to mention but i left the diagnostic output of the chart key script that dumps the key into the song folder as a txt on, so you can go and find things in the wife folder using that

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 08-21-2016 at 05:27 PM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote