View Single Post
Old 07-3-2023, 09:54 AM   #1
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Development Fundraiser

Thanks to everyone for participating and making this fundraiser successful!

Hello FFR! Welcome to the Development Fundraiser!
(This is 100% unofficial and ran by me as a community member)

THE CONTEXT

Last weekend I decided I wanted to host a fundraiser for someone who has been seriously irreplaceable for FFR and who has put a tremendous amount of efforts into it for what feels like forever now. This person is Velocity. As you may or may not know, the game has seen slow but constant progress, with many new little features and bugfixes here and there in the past couple of releases. That being said, there's always a significant difference between small new features and attempting to fix/revamp significant portions of the game; the code is relatively messy due to being very old, and it's a serious puzzle to tackle some of its most tangled parts.

Obviously, it would be a bit dull to just make a random fundraiser with no specific reward for the community (even though Velo more than deserves one regardless lol). So, we agreed on one

THE GOAL

One incredibly underwhelming part of FFR at the moment is Multiplayer. It has many bugs that make the overall experience very sub-par and unenjoyable for the most part. Velocity has already started some work on a serious redo of the multiplayer side of FFR, but there's a good amount of work left. So basically this fundraiser would serve both as an incentive for Velo to complete that and as a thank you gift for all those years of involvement as the main dev.

THE MONEY

If you wish to contribute, you may PM me here on FFR or send me a DM on Discord so I can give you the payment details. I will be gathering the contributions and make one final transfer to Velo; if you wish to remain anonymous or make the contribution a surprise for the final reveal, I can also manage that. The public contributions will be listed on here as soon as I get them, with the anonymous ones simply not having the username listed. The surprise ones (if any) will be listed here at the end of the event. Finally, I will be pitching in an initial amount to start this off; feel free to contribute any amount you're comfortable with, this is not a contest.

Note that I already hosted a major fundraiser on FFR before (for the Death Piano AAA bounty, which was won by Jakads), and I do Not do any funny business with your money.

==============================================

Deadline: I plan to keep this up for roughly a month. If for whatever reason you wanted to contribute but would need a bit more than that, just let me know and we'll figure it out.

CONTRIBUTIONS
(All amounts are in USD)

xXOpkillerXx: 375$
SK8R43: 140$
gold stinger: 113$ (sent directly)
basicdrummerman: 100$
Lights: 100$
Black_Shield: 80$
rushyrulz: 69$ (nice)
sploder12: 37$
Kawaii025: 25$
EppuJoloZ: 22$
MarioNintendo: 15$
shonen7: 10$
TheTrueXfish: 5$

TOTAL: 1091$

Last edited by XJ-9; 11-12-2023 at 02:52 PM..