View Single Post
Old 06-6-2019, 11:14 AM   #884
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 581: Cuz I Love You by Lizzo

I saw Lizzo (not bold then bold immediately after, how fun) back when Boston Calling was at city hall in 2015. Granted, I was quite far away because I was maintaining my front row spot at the other stage, and I remember remarkably little of this performance.

This album is making me regret not paying more attention. It's not flawless, some touches seem out of place on their tracks, particularly features (what the fuck is Gucci doing on this album lol and the Missy Elliott track is probably the worst on the album regardless of whether or not that's her fault), but this is a DAMN good album. Reminds me of 70s soul mixed with modern hip-hop/neo-soul trends and some of the most incredibly bombastic production I've ever heard, molded down into pop perfection, and DAMN can she sing. Yeah, some tracks I could give or take (that single aforementioned track and Soulmate come to mind) but this is mostly hits.

Wait, the Missy Elliott track was a single? The fuck?

Good way to start my solo NYC backpacking trip. I hope just the right amount of crazy happens because this got me in a better mood. Too bad whatever album I choose next won't have quite the same effect.

Best Track: Jerome or Cuz I Love You
Rating: 8.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote