View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Saffron - The Ultimate Offline FFR Engine

For several months, I've been working on an updated offline engine - essentially, a version of the Velocity engine what with a ton of updates and new features. Some of these features have been brought over from R^2 or R^3, and some are all new and have never been seen in FFR before. I also fixed a lot of bugs and made some graphical improvements, and of course removed a lot of stuff that doesn't belong in an offline engine.

The biggest new feature is the ability to load one of several song playlists. This works like packs for Stepmania - instead of having to have all your files in one huge list, you can load any one pack at a time, without having to reload the engine. This also allows you to download whatever packs you're interested in, or even make your own packs and share them.

Other features include a NPS graph, support for Amazings, a better Super Shuffle, sorting by notecount and NPS, FailOff, etc. There is a readme that explains everything in more detail, or you can just go to the Info page in the engine's menu.

Screenshots

Downloads

Here's the engine itself:

Saffron Engine (1.2 MB)

The following downloads are for individual packs. These mostly contain converted Stepmania files and files from various offline engines, some of which don't exist anymore. I've done my best to not include any current FFR charts.

Anaru's Test Engine (18 charts, 69 MB)
Community FFR Engine (234 charts, 561 MB)
Difficult Pack Engine (90 charts, 342 MB)
DragonsFury (576 charts, 1.21 GB)
FFRMania (Volume 1) (2014 charts, 4.67 GB)
FFRMania (Volume 2) (1043 charts, 2.36 GB)
Hakulyte's Isolation Engine (306 charts, 168 MB)
Indeed Engine (279 charts, 640 MB)
Offline Batch 1 (23 charts, 55 MB)
Offline Megapack (136 charts, 325 MB)
Various Custom Files (471 charts, 1.26 GB)
Rushy's Engine (43 charts, 146 MB)
Team Blaze (183 charts, 419 MB)
Team Fur (56 charts, 130 MB)

Final Words

I think having a good offline engine is very important to the future of the game, and being able to share packs will add a lot more variety for people who have gotten bored of (or too good for) normal charts, and people who don't want to set up an entire website and separate engine just to share their charts with the world.

Feel free to contact me (over Skype or on the forums) if you want to set up the engine to work online, or if you are interested in making your own pack and want to know how to convert files and set up the XML. I have a bunch of tools that make the process a lot easier than it used to be, like a converter that can handle an entire pack at once.

Have fun!

Last edited by qqwref; 07-11-2015 at 09:46 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote