View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #1
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Remembering the 2nd FFR Convention

I was telling T-Force over Discord about the 2nd FFR convention and it made me nostalgic. He said I should make a thread about some of the memories. I also know a lot of veterans from those days are still around so I'm curious to hear their memories from it as well. (I know there was a thread at the time but having the same people around now is half the fun.)

A few memories from me:

All That Chaz and I drove there from Wisconsin (convention was in Bowling Green, Ohio) but there was a meetup in southern Michigan the day before at an arcade. I can't remember the name or the location but we picked up Jellygod on the way. I remember bringing a Game Boy with me and letting him play it. I can't remember the game he played but there's a good chance his save file is still on it if the game required one. Had a good time with the guy and I'm glad I was able to meet him.

I can't remember who I was chatting with at the arcade (darkmanticore or danceguy maybe?) when Synthlight came up to us and asked us if we had seen someone he was looking for. (One of the admins I think.) He didn't introduce who he was but that was how I first met him. A few of us had food together at one point either before or after the arcade.

I bought some peanuts before arriving and first met Tass by asking him if he wanted some nuts. Basically had to be involved in some sort of nut joke at the time.

I played Golden Axe with Nestlekwik for awhile which was fun despite dying constantly. (RIP Chaz's quarters)

A group of us stayed at the same house the night before the convention. Most people slept on the first floor. I slept in the basement with Sprite. Alone. Just the two of us.

There was a lot I could go on about with the convention itself but I'll let others do that for now. One thing I will mention is when Synthlight came into the room with a bucket and announced loudly "I HAZ A BUCKET!" (I forgot why he needed a bucket in the first place but it was perfect.)
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote