View Single Post
Old 02-9-2018, 05:34 PM   #1313
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Music Works In Progress Thread

yah i cant usually link lfos to parameters unless they are internal to the plugin but one ghetto thing to do is just load a peak controller in some random insert and route to it's lfo instead. (one lfo per instance of peak controller, sounds legit right?)

also sure I'll upload a few templates I use and give a brief explanation how to use them.

edit:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b0d7dd...20friction.zip

Ok, I didnt realize when i went to upload this that it was really designed with having a midi controller in mind... for example I'd link the scale type to the arp to one knob and the rate of the arp to another knob... assuming you don't have a controller you can still use you're typing keyboard to play instruments in fl studio or compose the notes in the layer channel of the step sequencer.

Channel 1 is the sine and channel 2 is the saw arp, I have the edison audio editor loaded in these two inserts prior to delay and reverb so the signal you record will be dry but both edisons are set to record when you hit play on the master transport (weather you're in playlist or loop mode) so just record enable both of them when you found an arp scale or mode you like and play the arp while using the sine as a lead over top to get a melodic concept and then hit stop on the transport and now you can convert the dry audio into midi notes by converting into score and dumping into piano roll based on which channel you have selected.

I didn't know if you had a midi controller so I set up a formula controller on the master insert that you can tweak knobs a b c to ranomize the arp you hear.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd42lt...20sourcing.zip

This next template is just a "random" sound generating template using the 3osc plugin (hints the name of the template, 3osc sourcing) and also has a random sample channel for dragging and dropping audio as well. Just like with the arp friction template the formula controller is loaded in the master insert that you can adjust knobs a b or c to randomize a bajillion parameters instantly for each value the knob changes to that I routed all individually. Just play notes on either the sample or 3 osc channels while tweaking the formula controller and u get a world of sonic garbage (u might wanna turn ur master fader only half way for some of those piercing high frequencies) and if you find a random sound that you like in either sampler or 3 osc just mute the insert that formula controllers on so when you stop and start it doesnt lose the settings the way you like them and of course you can save a preset of it in its current state and tweak it from there. The stop button on the transport has the same effect too were it will randomize all linked parameters for some reason every time you hit it.

editv2: also channel the place was directly correlated to me using wave candy to sculpt wave forms in 3osc for interesting harmonic structures and I built it from there. obviously some side chaining/fruity wave shaper and a sick freeware sound module I used that has a really legit sounding sampled piano which i rendered as a stem :v

My fav plugin is easily fruity granulizer followed by Edison because I can make shit like this with a single initial saw wave:
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/dark-room-assembly

Last edited by -Blue7-; 02-9-2018 at 06:14 PM..
-Blue7- is offline   Reply With Quote