Old 03-30-2022, 05:20 PM   #6
radioamor
anhedonia extraordinaire
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me movies you enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
snip
I appreciate that you took the time to give me those recs! I've been meaning to get around to some of those for a while. Most are in my watchlist, but since you have pointed those out I will prioritize them! I have been meaning to get around to Mommy for a while, and I am vastly disappointed at my lack of Lynch.
Regarding your spoilered films, I have had Climax at the top of my list for some time. I watched A Serbian Film a while back, but it's not rated and I have mostly forgotten it. In order to provide a true assessment, I'll have to rewatch it. It's not the sort of film with any rewatchability, but alas, I will do it for art. Salo will be one I watch with others. I'm not sure what viewing that alone would say about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
snip
P.S. searching for movies in your list is a pain, is there a way to export your list in text form?
Here's my diary, exported to csv and poorly converted into a Google Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Most of these are already in my watchlist, but again, I'll prioritize the ones you listed. I'll also add the ones that aren't already in there. I'm particularly attracted to Roma and The Handmaiden. Actually, I'll just get around to watching Roma tonight. I've been dying to watch it and simply have not for reasons I do not understand.
Also, thanks for following my worthless page! I have returned the gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
Amadeus. Up to you if you wish to see the original or director's cut. In my opinion a fantastic film, albeit fictional, about Antonio Salieri's jealousy and fixation with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
In my watchlist, but will be prioritized. I promise that means something and that I'm not simply stalling! Do you have a preference for the original or director's cut? I'd like to share the experience you had as much as possible. I'm pretty indifferent toward runtime if it's under five hours, especially if that length is justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
Also wanted to acknowledge your 5 star rating for Birdman: Or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance. It's honestly one of my favorite films and it took me a couple of viewings to really appreciate it.
It's definitely a masterpiece. Iñárritu's uncanny ability to pull such rich, genuine performances from his cast while also letting that masterful script unfold like the most effortless, organic play imaginable is a rather rewarding experience. The long-take execution is more meaningful than something like Victoria, where it plays a role in the story instead of just existing as a marketing ploy.
radioamor is offline   Reply With Quote