View Single Post
Old 03-9-2019, 08:18 PM   #12
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Perfect Randomness:Grinding:Skill ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 View Post
Luck: I don't personally like it, as you don't actually earn what your goal is in the game.

Grinding: If it's worth it in the end, then I'm all for grinding.

Skill: I like skill the most because you can keep improving more as you keep playing said game. Also, I find you get rewarded more the better you get at the game.
Randomness and luck are not the same thing. You can have a game be random without it being luck driven. You can have randomness like an enemy you fight has a random color. there is no "luck" for the player as the color doesn't really effect the gameplay. Randomness can be a tool for variety more than it can be for "power".

Lets use tetris for example. Do you like tetris? How would it feel to play tetris if you knew exactly the order of every piece in the game and it was always the same? the game would get boring quite quickly. Tetris can be quite luck based too. maybe you have a tetris lined up but the finale line piece just wont come. 20 pieces go by and still no line. bad luck right? luckily modern tetris games have changed it so you're guaranteed pieces while still keeping it random, but much less luck based. Has tetris lost its randomness? is it still horribly luck based? Does the slight luck that a player might get mean that all of their accomplishments are worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote