rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The election

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
the riots are fucking idiotic and the people rioting should be in jail
peaceful protesting is one thing, but come the fuck on
(Not actually about Trump specifically nor really targeted at you)

When people make this statement, what do they want from the rioters? To actually "peacefully protest" or to shut up and accept what they're served? I protest a lot and while I've never been prone to violent rioting I have a handful of friends more willing to fuck shit up than I am if they believe the situation calls for it. Usually when I hear this argument (and it is VERY often), the person saying it usually seems to think MLK Jr was a hand-holding hippy who worshiped the white community.

I don't think mindless violence will accomplish anything (and in regards to Trump that goes for both sides) but what the fuck do people mean when they say "peaceful protesting"? Living in the city teaches you quickly that holding hands, singing songs and brandishing your "Love Trumps Hate" signs WON'T ACCOMPLISH JACKSHIT. Change only comes when people actually shake shit up.

I don't support ransacking or looting or actual violence, but a successful "peaceful protest" (at least IME the protests that actually get legislation signed) still requires you actually shake shit up like chain yourself to a building or illegally sit inside an office until arrest.

And with that in mind, I don't think Trump supporters would even support true peaceful protesting (hurr hurr guns hurr hurr hypocrisy) because aren't we supposed to "fall in line" now? However, also as it stands, I think true peaceful protesting would accomplish just as much as rioting currently is (albeit with less property damage) and I think it'd accomplish as much as it did for the Obama birther movement. There's no point of wasting energy this early.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote