Old 09-1-2019, 01:29 PM   #85
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: life story thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
the short of it is that the source of my childhood trauma is my father coming out as trans ~15 years ago or so, and the immense pain that entire process caused in myself, my sister, and my mother especially

given what I know about the denizens of this site, I've really been waffling about whether or not it's a good thing to share those experiences here. because there are a lot of unhappy, miserable truths about the trans experience.

I'm not transphobic, and this trauma came to help me understand the LGBT experience as a child, but I'm not sure if it's "right" to share
Generally one shouldn't ever out somebody without their consent, but if she is out as trans in life, I don't think it would be bad to talk about.

Nor do I think anybody here is going to think that having a struggle to reconcile "my father" and "trans" makes you transphobic. Having trouble coming to terms with it is natural and expected, but that assumes that you're not denying the reality of it, or refusing to try to make efforts to integrate this information into your interactions.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote