Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #49
dean_machine
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Pokemon Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0NEvvolf View Post
This is why pokemon sucks.
Still more fun than most other handheld games, and they do make improvements with the games.

Gold/Silver you recieved a call when your storage is almost full so you know to switch the boxes before it gets filled up and you can't catch anymore, you can breed pokemon, and it was either this or Ruby/Saphire that started the little pokeball indicater that indicated you've already caught a certain pokemon.

Ruby/Saphire has a very useful run feature, select button quickly uses a registered key item so you don't have to press start and go to the key item each time to use it, and you didn't have to worry about switching boxes.

Diamond/Pearl you press y for start, instead of the start button, much nicer in my opinion, you can trade pokemon online, item finding, berry finding, and breeding pokemon is much easier with the new poketch feature, and having a partner for battles sometimes during the story was pretty cool especially since his/her and your own pokemon were healed to perfect health after each battle.

edit: I do take pokemon seriously, I'm not going to deny it, but it's fun, and that's why I like it so much. I know the whole team rocket,team magma/aqua, and team galactic people and also the champion appearances throughout the game makes the story similar in all the pokemon games, and I do wish they would come up with something else for the story, but they're all still fun anyway, and they're still quite different (well, except for the ones in the same generation obviously) even if they have reoccuring themes in them.

Last edited by dean_machine; 01-24-2009 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: I take pokemon seriously.
dean_machine is offline   Reply With Quote