Thread: D8 Deb8
View Single Post
Old 08-4-2019, 08:50 AM   #55
blanky
Banned

Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

the following was originally pm'ed to OWA, but now i've changed my mind and decided i want it public.

blanky's stray thoughts about a divisionless tournament

so. about divisions. i am 100 percent in favor for a divisionless 12th OT. i don't know why ppl want divisions, let alone an eighth division. can't remember where it was but mina said something funny about this.

stray thoughts. here's what i would do: one division weighted cumulative. round one gets 1x multiplier. round two 2x. and so on. (weights can be modified, but you get the drift). also, each round contains multiple songs: namely, what a usual round in a divisioned tournament what have. raw scores on each songs are summed.
why is this good?
1. take your rapidly improving average joe. if they fall behind on one round, then they can make it up more in later rounds when they've improved to a higher level. this goes with the idea that the tournaments are about improvement.
2. the whole community gets unified in one division and there is a clear winner. we get to see great competition, and even if a player gets in the bottom 25th percentile, they won't be alone, because of the players surrounding them.
3. now look at the top players. they'll still be neck and neck with each other, and they will always have a chance to move up in rounds. harder songs will have higher multipliers, thus more clearly delineating who's better at arrowsmashing.
4. no "aaa-or'die" scenarios because cumulative
blanky is offline   Reply With Quote