Old 12-3-2019, 11:47 PM   #2
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: people w/ divergent political opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
this isn't a politics discussion, dw guys

but i was wondering to what extent are you okay with having a relationship (platonic or romatic) with a person with differing political views?

personally i'm liberal and i'm fine being friends with people who are conservative, but i don't think i could be friends with alt-right people.

this just popped into my head because i realized i have a friend who... likes alt-right political "pundits," and that was... disappointing to learn? but i don't know if it means i should try to avoid said friend. i just can't fathom subscribing to those views. what i don't understand scares me.

edit: romantically my answers would be about the same, but i'd want to align on certain social views (e.g. gotta've been for same sex marriage, or for lgbtq+ rights in general)
Platonic: For me things are on a view by view basis, you can think it's morally wrong for gay marriage, but if you're in the "should not be legal" camp I'd probably keep you at more of a distance for example. I know I'm a tad out in some areas of politics, namely social politics, but I think it's fun to chat about it.

Romantic: My current girlfriend and I are really similar, but I couldn't be with a strong alt-right person.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote