View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 02:31 AM   #941
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 622: Charli by Charli XCX

Call me hipster daddy.

Just kidding, because I ain't nobody's father, and because I am basically just getting hip to this woman's music besides the two songs we all know. Just like Carly Rae Jepsen I seem to have missed some sort of hipster appraisal, or rather I ignored some sort of hipster appraisal since I always knew she had a huge /mu/-esque following.

Also, I find both of the two songs I know her from to be utterly grating garbage. But to be fair, they're not "her" songs, instead she just featured for Iggy Azalea's meme ass and... who the figgity fuck is Icona Pop? Anyways, my opinion is those songs sucked but she managed to make them suck harder, but still, it wasn't HER writing, she just came off as annoying in her delivery. Not a good starting point, but whatever.

Y'know, although I only like a select few songs from her, I totally see the bubblegummy, feel-good appeal of Carly Rae Jepsen's music as a whole, from her big hit (singular) to her nerd-adored work. It fills a certain saccharine niche that in other hands would be entirely annoying or even sickening, probably because she chooses some bangers for backing tracks.

Some of these backing tracks also slap, but I'm failing to see the specific appeal over countless other electropop artists outside of a few really hard-hitting, almost industrial sounding tracks and a few dance floor killers. The rest is just kinda.... there... for me. Inoffensive, but I don't see why people are fawning over it like no tomorrow. Also, how dare you utilize Lizzo so fucking poorly? Still, it almost never annoyed me!

Wait, people like her because of some connection to PC Music? The fuck is this? I should've guessed since she helped SOPHIE blow up but I completely missed this and y'know what I'm not even gonna try or go down this Google rabbit hole.

Best Track: Cross You Out
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote