View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #36
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI
Default Re: Survey: Define "good" music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKFLOW
0. What is/are your favorite genre(s)?
Chiptune, especially.
My tastes wander pretty much through any genre, it just has to sound good, you know?
Not country or hip hop.

1a. What do you consider good music, either in general or in concrete examples?
I consider this the same as question 0.

1b. How about bad music?
Music that's just boring, technically and otherwise.

2. Are you biased against some genres because of the fans they tend to attract?
Not really. I'm biased against most mainstream music, like Katy Perry/Black eyed peas/etc because of its history of being incredibly bad in my opinion/my experience.

3a. Do you make assumptions about fans of particular genres?
Sometimes

3b. What are some of the stereotypes you are familiar with?
cock

3c. What stereotypes exist about fans of your preferred genre?
I don't think enough people know about my preferred genres to have formed stereotypes about them

4. What role does a band/artist/genre's popularity play in your like or dislike for them/hir/it?
None, if they're good they're good, if they're bad they're bad. If it gets incredibly popular I might steer a little clear of it due to reasons stated above. Generally, the masses have poor taste in music, but that doesn't mean good music can't be mainstream.

5. Do you think you have good taste in music?
In my opinion, but that's a pretty subjective thing.

6. How objective do you think you are when you judge music?
Moderately, but not completely.

7. Do you judge artists/bands on their entire body of work, or on a song-by-song basis?
On whatever I've heard from them. I'm not going to listen to every song by every artist I've ever heard.

8. Do you consider your choice of music part of your identity, image or public persona?
Not particularly.

9. Have you ever made choices in music based on what your peers might think of you? (For example, do you avoid a certain genre because your friends think it is without merit? Do you listen to genres you don't particularly like because your friends like them?, etc.)
Not even a little bit.

10a. How do you feel/react when someone states an opinion contrary to yours regarding music in general?
That's fine. I get a little confrontational when someone tries to defend an artist like The Black-eyed Peas though.

10b. What about particular songs/artists/genres?
Same thing as above.

11. Do you have formal musical training? (Such as receiving singing lessons, playing an instrument, etc.)
Played the saxophone for five years, Euphonium for three, Ocarina for four, flute for one. Played the (Alto) saxophone in concert band for four years.

12. Who influences your choice of music most? How do you find new music? Through which channels? Through advertising/word of mouth/YouTube/reviews/other?
I used to find music through loads of blogs, but now I don't really look for new music. If someone recommends an artist to me I might check them out.

13a. Have your tastes or preferences changed over time?
I used to like Nickelback when I was really little.
13b. If not, why not?
I SAID YES MOTHERFUCKER
13c. If yes, in what way?
My musical tastes have completely changed.
14. Anything you'd like to add on this subject? Any other questions you wish I'd posed?
oau
"Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
"Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
"That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
"Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

Last edited by ninjaKIWI; 03-14-2012 at 04:48 PM..
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote