View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: I'm done with this shit

Still need to work on your mixing and sound design.
There are a lot of nice ideas here and I like the melodies even though they are simplistic but I feel the detuned lead, for example, has no place in this song.
Additionally, elements seem to get buried in the mix which sounds overall muddy.

Simply try to:
Use Parametric EQ 2 to EQ all elements of your mix, then use panning to your advantage to create a less "muddy" and spread out, stereo mix.
Finally apply mastering software to polish that turd. (see TRacks 3 or iZotope Ozone 5... remember try not to brickwall your mix [see: loudness war])

PS: Also I forget what it's called but your tune needs an equal / balanced mix of lows, mids and highs to sound appealing which it currently does not have.

Additionally, atmospheric pads and perhaps some appreciated leads in the back help the listener retain interest and also help fill the mix, in general.

Keep it up! PS: Soon I'm taking the plunge and starting my own little home production studio :P (hobby only for now -- Studio Monitors and an Audio Interface, and I already have a midi controller)

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 10-26-2012 at 10:24 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote