View Single Post
Old 11-5-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot
Default Re: SGX - Lux Aeterna Requiem for a Dream remix

I've heard this track so many times as of now, I'm more or less sick of it, so it'll be interesting to see what you did with it.

The first thing I notice that the bass drums simply did not seem strong at all, not even enough to the point of carrying the beat when the synth was in full force. In a track that's focused on breakbeats, you must have the drums strong enough to rock the place when the volume is up. Try upping the lower frequency on them, that will improve how well they stand out.

I also didn't feel like the track did not fully release tension. Yes, I understand that you were probably going with that feeling, being based off one of the most powerful movies/books of all time. Maybe it was the way the strings didn't match the tone of the synth, I don't know why I didn't feel like the track released tension.

The rest of the track, I really have to say, I simply didn't like. I can't explain why, and I can't explain how, but I simply didn't like it. I'm sure others will, but I've heard this track redone and remixed so many times that another in the pile is simply the same thing.

NOTE:
Again, alow me to state that this is simply my opinion, and you may take it as you will. I'm not insulting you. I'm not saying you're a bad composer. I'm simply giving my take on it. Last time I posted a less-than-positive review, I was pretty much ripped to shreds.